Bp. Williamson's Oct. 19, '12, open letter to Bp. Fellay, "On an 'Exclusion'"
(10-26-2012, 01:04 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Memes: the answer to all online disagreements!

[Image: f0a8de69-3236-4569-be13-f105c5cbe025.jpg]
(10-26-2012, 01:08 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 01:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 01:04 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Memes: the answer to all online disagreements!

What else is the Internet for?

Memes are a new fad, though.
Newmemes?
I will only accept eternal memes.
(10-26-2012, 01:54 AM)Freudentaumel Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 01:08 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 01:05 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

What else is the Internet for?

Memes are a new fad, though.
Newmemes?
I will only accept eternal memes.

:LOL:
"But if thy brother shall offend against thee, go, and rebuke him between thee and him alone. If he shall hear thee, thou shalt gain thy brother.  And if he will not hear thee, take with thee one or two more: that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may stand.  And if he will not hear them: tell the church. And if he will not hear the church, let him be to thee as the heathen and publican."

+Fellay acted appropriately, given the gross indiscretion and disobedience displayed by +Williamson.
(10-26-2012, 01:38 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:18 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote: "Here I stand; I can do no other."
It is completely disrespectful and unfair to compare a non-heretical Catholic bishop to an arch-heretic priest. What heresies has Bp. Williamson spread? On the contrary, I see him defending all the anti-Liberal popes, and no other bishop is doing this so explicitly today.

Disobedience is disobedience; Luther was following his conscience just as much as this bishop is.
Can you tell me where Bp. Williamson has spouted heresy?

Luther denied the authority of the pope. Bp. Williamson recognizes said authority.
(10-26-2012, 02:20 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 01:38 AM)Parmandur Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:18 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 08:13 PM)Parmandur Wrote: "Here I stand; I can do no other."
It is completely disrespectful and unfair to compare a non-heretical Catholic bishop to an arch-heretic priest. What heresies has Bp. Williamson spread? On the contrary, I see him defending all the anti-Liberal popes, and no other bishop is doing this so explicitly today.

Disobedience is disobedience; Luther was following his conscience just as much as this bishop is.
Can you tell me where Bp. Williamson has spouted heresy?

Luther denied the authority of the pope. Bp. Williamson recognizes said authority.

I am not saying that +Williamson is a heretic, at all.  But he is disobedient to any and all authority outside of himself and his personal conscience.  This is why the Society is cutting ties with him; he won't listen, so why should they try talking to him?
(10-26-2012, 02:30 AM)Parmandur Wrote: I am not saying that +Williamson is a heretic, at all.  But he is disobedient to any and all authority outside of himself and his personal conscience.
And how do you know he disobeys God?
(10-26-2012, 02:30 AM)Parmandur Wrote: This is why the Society is cutting ties with him; he won't listen, so why should they try talking to him?
I'm not saying they should.
(10-26-2012, 02:53 AM)Geremia Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 02:30 AM)Parmandur Wrote: I am not saying that +Williamson is a heretic, at all.  But he is disobedient to any and all authority outside of himself and his personal conscience.
And how do you know he disobeys God?

He disobeys the authority God placed over him, even on little things like the newsletter, and tried to stage a coup.  That is not obedience to God; that is egotistic and self-serving.  He tries to make a big deal of the big times when he obeyed; but he didn't have much choice, given that the seminary in Argentina was, you know, willing to obey rightful authority.

Quote:
(10-26-2012, 02:30 AM)Parmandur Wrote: This is why the Society is cutting ties with him; he won't listen, so why should they try talking to him?
I'm not saying they should.

Good. 
(10-26-2012, 01:38 AM)Parmandur Wrote: Disobedience is disobedience; the priest and friar Martin Luther was following his conscience just as much as this bishop is.

Dishonesty is dishonesty.  Your comparison is dishonest.  
(10-26-2012, 02:30 AM)Parmandur Wrote: I am not saying that +Williamson is a heretic, at all.  But he is disobedient to any and all authority outside of himself and his personal conscience.  This is why the Society is cutting ties with him; he won't listen, so why should they try talking to him?

It's obvious  you didn't even read the OP.  I guess Williamson was disobedient when he didn't go to Argentina, when he didn't leave Argentina, when he didn't go back to England, when he didn't curtail his activities and consign himself to only writing his blog column which he took off publicly and only mailed out directly. 

Fellay was on a witch-hunt to drum him out from years gone by,  coincidentally the Holy Father wanted Williamson dealt with separately so, Fellay set about to abuse his authority just as the Popes have been abusing their for the last few decades. 

Fellay and the Popes are disobedient to the Truth on a more than frequent basis and you think that calls for absolute obedience and connivance on the part of Catholics regardless of following a well-formed conscience? 

You've got Catholicism confused with Islam.