For those that follow the Fatima stuff closely: Is this good news?
(10-25-2012, 09:35 PM)Tim Wrote: On a plane trip before the handlers could stop him he answered a bunch of questions on Fatima, and he said he has no plans now, but in future he may have to consider that. It appears to me it's slowly but surely sinking in that is his only solution.
tim

Any idea where I coudl find His Holiness' answers to the Fatima-related questions?

Thanks as always, Tim.
(10-25-2012, 08:02 PM)Carthusian Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 07:35 PM)Tim Wrote: but if Pope Benedict XVI orders it and they refuse tt co-operate it's on them and the Consecration is good.

Is this what Our Lady said?  She gave this caveat of dissenting bishops in her message? 

See, how it works is this.  The Pope must specifically mention the word Russia in the Consecration, otherwise the incantation is void.  But "all the bishops of the world" is a fluid term.  It could actually mean only the Bishop of Rome if all the other bishops refuse to do it.  In fact, Our Lady might accept the Consecration even if not done by the bishop of Rome, simply if Fr. Gruner wills it.  He wears a threadbare cassock you know.    :tiphat:
I love Tim's idea! :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:
Whether the EU gets onboard or not, this could be a very good thing. With enough media coverage...
- some who know nothing of Fatima will now know what it's all about
- it puts Catholicism in the news in a way not usually seen
- it has a good chance of securing some reverts and re-kindling the Faith in lapsed Catholics

And the EU's approval or not, the consecration will be valid.
(10-25-2012, 09:44 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 07:35 PM)Tim Wrote: but if Pope Benedict XVI orders it and they refuse tt co-operate it's on them and the Consecration is good.

Is this what Our Lady said?  She gave this caveat of dissenting bishops in her message? 

See, how it works is this.  The Pope must specifically mention the word Russia in the Consecration, otherwise the incantation is void.  But "all the bishops of the world" is a fluid term.  It could actually mean only the Bishop of Rome if all the other bishops refuse to do it.  In fact, Our Lady might accept the Consecration even if not done by the bishop of Rome, simply if Fr. Gruner wills it.  He wears a threadbare cassock you know.     :tiphat:

Incantation??? I do not think that this is a proper word to use when talking about anything involving the Church.
(10-26-2012, 01:59 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:

See, how it works is this.  The Pope must specifically mention the word Russia in the Consecration, otherwise the incantation is void.  But "all the bishops of the world" is a fluid term.  It could actually mean only the Bishop of Rome if all the other bishops refuse to do it.  In fact, Our Lady might accept the Consecration even if not done by the bishop of Rome, simply if Fr. Gruner wills it.  He wears a threadbare cassock you know.     :tiphat:

Incantation??? I do not think that this is a proper word to use when talking about anything involving the Church.

Doc hates anything mentioning Fatima and can never resist a snarky remark or two when the subject is being discussed.
(10-26-2012, 02:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Doc hates anything mentioning Fatima and can never resist a snarky remark or two when the subject is being discussed.

Now Jovan, you know I don't hate Fatima.  I hate how it has been hijacked by certain folks with peculiar agendas who think saying a few magic words voids man's free will.  That's all.
(10-26-2012, 02:21 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:

Doc snarky?  Come on Jovan, do you really expect us to buy that?  :grin:
I don't have a link to Pope Benedict XVI's remarks on the plane, they were covered in the press that day. Then they were walked back by the press secratary who was in Rome and not on the plane.

The Bishops' condition is if the Pope orders the Bishops to do the Consecration with him and they refuse they are in schism and no longer Bishops.

tim
I have been told God Almighty's sense of humor runs to irony, and this is ironic.That the godless EU might listen to this is stupefying, and if it were passed because of the hatred toward the Church, it would be deep irony.

tim