For those that follow the Fatima stuff closely: Is this good news?
(10-27-2012, 12:50 PM)DrBombay Wrote: It seems to me that there's a simple way out of this whole thing, assuming the Pope is worried that consecrating Russia by name would cause an uproar.  He could consecrate every single country in the world by name.  There are about 170 countries or so.  He could start with Albania and say, "In union with the worlds bishops, today we are consecrating Albania to the Immaculate Heart of Mary" and continue with that same format right through Zimbabwe. It wouldn't take that long. That way he mentions Russia by name but doesn't single it out. It has the added advantage that consecrating each country specifically would actually have a positive spiritual effect.

The fact that he hasn't chosen such an obvious means to accomplish the goal indicates to me:  1) He believes the previous Consecrations sufficed; and/or 2) He doesn't feel it's that important; and/or 3) He's refusing to act in his capacity as Vicar of Christ based on dictates from a private revelation.  Perhaps he's wrong, but he's also human and liable to make mistakes.  :shrug:

3 is only possible if Fatima is not of God as He doesn't change his mind.  Consecrating every country would be extremely time-consuming and, while technically alright, may not be in-keeping with the spirit of the command.  Consecrating every country would give the indication that there's nothing special about Russia which requires it be consecrated (which may, of course, be a reason for the Consecration in the first place).

I think 1 and/or 2 are most likely.

Messages In This Thread
Re: For those that follow the Fatima stuff closely: Is this good news? - by Walty - 10-27-2012, 03:33 PM