Being Laughed at by a Priest
When I was a freshman taking up architecture, I was having problems with Trigonometry. After the final exams, I knew I had failed so I asked the former prior at the priory  to pray for me that I may pass the Trigonometry class. He just laughed and said "hahaha!! You're in big trouble now! I 'll pray for you if you really worked your butt off!" (he's an American from New York).  The result = I failed Trigonometry  :LOL:  I knew I did my best but I think it wasn't good enough  :LOL:
(10-25-2012, 09:15 PM)nmoerbeek Wrote: In your experience has persistence at a priest who has been resistant to starting a Latin Mass or Benediction etc been effective?

Hmm difficult to say. I myself have only dealt with this twice back in my NO days. The one Priest laughed at the idea of a latin Mass the other I dealt with took away adoration and the daily morning Rosary at the parish for a period of time if tradish people tried to get a latin Mass going. In essence he grounded us. Finally after a year of trying he called the group of us into the parish office and said "if you want a Latin Mass you need to leave this parish and go back 40 years, the Church is grown up now".
(10-28-2012, 07:38 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote:
(10-25-2012, 09:15 PM)nmoerbeek Wrote: In your experience has persistence at a priest who has been resistant to starting a Latin Mass or Benediction etc been effective?

Hmm difficult to say. I myself have only dealt with this twice back in my NO days. The one Priest laughed at the idea of a latin Mass the other I dealt with took away adoration and the daily morning Rosary at the parish for a period of time if tradish people tried to get a latin Mass going. In essence he grounded us. Finally after a year of trying he called the group of us into the parish office and said "if you want a Latin Mass you need to leave this parish and go back 40 years, the Church is grown up now".

You should have contacted your bishop re. "withholding" Eucharistic adoration and daily rosary as some kind of punishment... very weird.