Pilgrimage to Purgatory -- Saturday
Lamentation of a Soul in Purgatory

SATURDAY

Holy Soul in Purgatory, is there anything you regret when you think of your life on earth? 

I deeply regret the little amount of charity I have shown towards the Poor Souls during my life on earth ... I could have been of such great service to them, since a Catholic can bring so much light and peace to these poor, suffering prisoners.  I could have helped them by my prayers, mortifications, alms, good works, holy Communions and holy Masses, the latter, either by having them said for the Poor Souls or by attending them, especially those celebrated in honor of the Sacred Heart. I would have obtained numerous graces which would have made it easier for me to avoid sin. 

Moreover, I would have deserved a much shorter and less painful Purgatory, and now I would receive a much greater share in the prayers which were said for us wherever there are Catholics.  Oh, could I but return to the world to help the Poor Souls! I certainly would interest myself in their sad plight! What devout prayers would I say for them! How solicitous I would be to awaken in the faithful the most tender sympathy and pity for them!

Pious Exercises

Resolution. -- Today I will do everything possible to assist the souls of the faithful departed from the mission fields of Melanesia and Micronesia, Polynesia, and Nations in the Pacific and Atlantic (New Ireland, New Britain, the Solomon, Gilbert and Marshall Islands and New Guinea).  I also recommend myself to those who are entering heaven at this moment.

Thougth for the day. -- Thus spoke the guilt-burdened brothers of innocent Joseph one to another: "We deserve to suffer these things, because we have sinned against out brother, seeing the anguish of his soul, when he besought us, and we would not hear; therefore, is this affliction come upon us." (Gen. 42, 21).

Exercise. -- Spread, as much as possible, the devotion "Daily Pilgrimage to Purgatory."  The Poor Souls will be grateful to you.

Special Intention. -- Pray for the soul which had the greatest devotion to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart.

Motive. -- In doing so you cause the Mother of God great delight; she will obtain for you, through the intercession of this soul, the grace of a true devotion to the Sacred Heart.

Prayer. -- O Lord God Almighty, I beseech Thee, by the Precious Blood, which gushed forth from the side of Thy Divine Son Jesus, in the sight of, and to the extreme pain of His most holy Mother, deliver the souls in Purgatory, and especially that soul which was the most devout to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart and Queen of Heaven; that it may soon attain unto Thy glory, there to praise Thee in her, and her in Thee, world without end. Amen.

Our Father.... Hail Mary.

(Any form of prayer for the Poor Souls may be used.)

De Profundis    Psalm 129:

Out of the depths I have cried unto Thee, O
Lord: Lord hear my voice. Let Thine ears be
attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, shalt mark out iniquities:
O Lord, who can abide it!
For with Thee there is mercy; and by reason
of Thy law I have waited on Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath waited on His word; my soul
hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even unto night: let
Israel hope in the Lord.
For with the Lord there is mercy; and with
Him is plenteous redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

V. Eternal rest give them, O Lord.

R. And let perpetual light shine upon them.

Ejaculation. -- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, pray for us
Thank you, Vincentius.
God bless you!
For those praying Prime, this is added in the Benedictine for the souls in Purgatory. It' can be added by any of us as we are not required to pray the office as the priests. I've added it for some time and it's essentially as  Vincentius has above. Another consideration is as you get older the list increases of those friends, relatives and others that you include. I've made a deal I add one at a time and Our Lady distributes them.
After the last Requiascant in Pace, this comes immediately;

Psalmus 129 [4]
129:1 De profundis clamávi ad te, Dómine: * Dómine, exáudi vocem meam:
129:2 Fiant aures tuæ intendéntes, * in vocem deprecatiónis meæ.
129:3 Si iniquitátes observáveris, Dómine: * Dómine, quis sustinébit?
129:4 Quia apud te propitiátio est: * et propter legem tuam sustínui te, Dómine.
129:5 Sustínuit ánima mea in verbo ejus: * sperávit ánima mea in Dómino.
129:6 A custódia matutína usque ad noctem: * speret Israël in Dómino.
129:7 Quia apud Dóminum misericórdia: * et copiósa apud eum redémptio.
129:8 Et ipse rédimet Israël, * ex ómnibus iniquitátibus ejus.
V. Glória Patri, et Fílio, * et Spirítui Sancto.
R. Sicut erat in princípio, et nunc, et semper, * et in sǽcula sæculórum. Amen.

V. A porta ínferi
R. Érue, Dómine, ánimas eórum.
V. Requiéscant in pace.
R. Amen.

V. Dómine exáudi oratiónem meam
R. Et clamor meus ad te véniat.

secunda Domine exaudi omittitur
Orémus.
Deus veniæ largitor et humánæ salútis amator: quǽsumus clementiam tuam: ut ánimas ómnium fidélium qui ex hoc sǽculo transiérunt, beáta María semper vírgine intercedénte cum ómnibus sanctis tuis ad perpetuæ beatitúdinis consórtium perveníre concedas. Per Christum Dóminum nóstrum.
R. Amen

V. Réquiem ætérnam dona eis Dómine.
R. Et lux perpetuæ lúceat eis
V. Requiéscant in pace.
R. Amen.

In English; after May they rest n Peace;

Psalm 129 [4]
129:1 Out of the depths I have cried to thee, O Lord: * Lord, hear my voice.
129:2 Let thy ears be attentive * to the voice of my supplication.
129:3 If thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: * Lord, who shall stand it.
129:4 For with thee there is merciful forgiveness: * and by reason of thy law, I have waited for thee, O Lord.
129:5 My soul hath relied on his word: * my soul hath hoped in the Lord.
129:6 From the morning watch even until night, * let Israel hope in the Lord.
129:7 Because with the Lord there is mercy: * and with him plentiful redemption.
129:8 And he shall redeem Israel * from all his iniquities.
V. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, * and to the Holy Ghost.
R. As it was in the beginning, is now, * and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

V. From the gates of the grave.
R. Deliver their souls, O Lord!
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen.
V. Hear my prayer, O Lord.
R. And let my cry come unto thee.

skip second O Lord hear my prayer
Let us pray
O God the giver of pardon, and the lover of human salvation, we beseech thy clemency: that thou grant the brethren of our congregation, kinsfolk, and benefactors, which are departed out of this world, blessed Mary ever virgin making intercession with all the saints, to come to the fellowship of eternal blessedness. Through our Lord Jesus Christ.
R. Amen.

V. O Lord, grant them eternal rest.
R. And let the everlasting light shine upon them.
V. May they rest in peace.
R. Amen.

Tim, thanks for this!
May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.
:pray: :pray: :pray:
Vincentius, when most folks I knew and loved are no longer here this becomes more and more important. I have one aunt through marriage that is left all the rest are passed.

tim