New Catholic Seminary Project
This is nice, but what is wrong with Winona. Can they not build more space there?
What are they going to do with the old seminary?  Sell it to a bunch of prots?  Neo-cats?  Pagans?  The government? 
Way over the top. I would cry "albatross". While large Catholic families struggle for rent and food, the economy slumps due to negative 5 year growth due to a flailing dollar, the average Catholic is being assaulted with opulence, homosexual lust, and abortion do really need something like that? I know so many priests that learned their spirit of sacrifice is a seminary where they "made do". Vocations are critical, but the spirit of sacrifice in those vocations is what will prove their worth.

My opinion.
(10-27-2012, 12:17 PM)DrBombay Wrote: What are they going to do with the old seminary?  Sell it to a bunch of prots?  Neo-cats?  Pagans?  The government? 
From their website:
The U.S. District of the SSPX will continue to run the facility in Winona, but as a school, a retreat house or some other use which is yet to be determined. This will be judged based on the needs of the District when the time comes.

:)
wow, that is awesome. I hope they can pull it off.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.