Pilgimage to Purgatory -- Monday
Lamentations of a Soul in Purgatory

MONDAY

Holy Souls in Purgatory, is there anything you regret when you think of your life on earth?

I deeply regret my extravagance in the use of earthly possessions.... My fortune, my health, my talent, my position in the world, the influence I had, my relatives, my servants, in a word, everything could have been of spiritual benefit to me if only I had known how to use it for the greater honor of the Divine Heart.

How many graces could I have drawn upon myself!  This I neglected to do, and at the hour of my death, all my possessions have come to naught.  Oh, were I but rich today in these my former possessions!  Would that I could use them to hasten, even for one moment, the hour of my deliverance; to increase, even by one degree, the glory which God has in store for me; to awaken, if only in one soul now living in the world, the devotion to the divine Heart of Jesus.

My friends, whose fortunes are still at your disposal, use them for the support of your neighbor by generously giving alms to the poor. Use them for the greater honor of God as pious offerings designated for the propagation of the devotion to His Sacred Heart throughout the world.

Pious Exercises

Resolution. -- Today I will do everything possible to assist the souls of the faithful departed from all parts of Europe. I also recommend myself to those who are entering heaven at this moment.

Tboughts for the day:  "The gates of heaven are opened by alms" (St. John Chrysostom, 32 in Ep. ad Heb.)

Exercise.-- Give alms for the propagation of the devotion to the divine Heart of Jesus

Special Intention. -- Pray for the soul which is nearest to heaven.

Motive. -- The closer a soul is to the end of its sufferings, the more ardently will it long for union with the Sacred Heart. Remove, therefore, by your prayers, the obstacles still in its way. In return, it will obtain for you the grace to sever the ties which now prevent you from giving yourself entirely to God.

Prayer. -- O Lord God Almighty, I pray Thee, by the Precious Blood which Thy Divine Son Jesus shed in His cruel scourging, deliver the souls in Purgatory and that soul especially which is nearest to its entrance into Thy glory; that so it may forthwith begin to praise and bless Thee forever. Amen.

Our Father... Hail Mary.

(Any form of prayer for the Poor Souls may be used.)

De Profundis    Psalm 129:

Out of the depths I have cried unto Thee, O
Lord: Lord hear my voice. Let Thine ears be
attentive to the voice of my supplication.
If Thou, O Lord, shalt mark out iniquities:
O Lord, who can abide it!
For with Thee there is mercy; and by reason
of Thy law I have waited on Thee, O Lord.
My soul hath waited on His word; my soul
hath hoped in the Lord.
From the morning watch even unto night: let
Israel hope in the Lord.
For with the Lord there is mercy; and with
Him is plenteous redemption.
And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

V. Eternal rest give them, O Lord.

R. And let perpetual light shine upon them.

Ejaculation.  Sweet Heart of Mary, be my salvation!

Taken from www.alcazar.net/Purgatory.html
May the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace. Amen.