Vigil of the feast of All Saints
(10-29-2012, 12:51 PM)Tim Wrote: Vincentius, I see it was changed in 1955, so I understand now.

Okay here goes on videos. Remember I too am no computer guy.

1) find the youtubel video

2) go to where you want to post it in another tab.

3) highlight the youtube video in address bar as it is playing, right click, and copy.

4) go to where you'll post it like here at FE, click on youtube at the top in the topic or comment you are posting.

5) with your mouse split the youtube brackets and click your mouse and copy it there.

6) the video should be posted, so click post as you usually do and return just to check.

I don't know how to do pictures or such just the videos.

tim

Tim, thanks for the instructions.

I should/would have known of the changes in some of the disciplinary requirements for the liturgical Ordo, though I would have posted it anyhow (the N.O. abolished many of these).  However I see no harm in still following the "discraded" ones.  It is always good for the soul, aids in our efforts to help in converting sinners, as well as the Souls in Purgatory get some relief, but above all, God is pleased because in some way it is done for His glorification.  I am reminded that in the 1962 John XXIII Missal which suppressed the 2nd Confiteor and the Last Gospel it seems ALL (but a few "indult" TLMs) these have been brought back.  I know these are not part of the rubrics, but just saying....
The 1962 Missal did leave out the 2nd Confieteor and associated prayers, but it did not omit the Last Gospel!
Perhaps he meant the proper last gospels.
(10-29-2012, 01:27 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Before 1955 the vigil of All Saints was a day of fast and abstinence. The vigil comes from roughly the period of the 8th to 9th centuries. The octave was only added in the 15th century.

Just an aside, it's complete abstinence too (for those so inclined).
(10-30-2012, 12:34 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Perhaps he meant the proper last gospels.
You are probably correct, thank you.
(10-30-2012, 11:03 AM)MRose Wrote: The 1962 Missal did leave out the 2nd Confieteor and associated prayers, but it did not omit the Last Gospel!

I apologize if I "misspoke" regarding the Last Gospel.  As I mentioned the "Indult" Mass which was being said sporadically when I lived in L.A. (Sundays at a different location), some of the priests assigned to say the 1962 TLM often omitted the Last Gospel (Mass was over after the Ite Missa est and blessing).  Moreover, the prayers at the foot of the Altar were also omitted.  After the Asperges (if it was a sung Mass), the priest would go directly to the Kyrie Eleison after taking off the cope and putting on the maniple and chasuble.  I often wondered then (circa 1970s) if I actually was hearing a full Mass.
Just an aside concerning what Vincentius posted above concerning Mass. My younger siblings all believe they remember the TLM, but what they really remember is the Mass of Paul VI similar to the Vincentius described.  This causes much confusion. It's just something I feel needs to be noted is all.

tim 
The Last Gospel and Psalm 42 were abolished March 7, 1965, so it could have still been a traditional Mass. This was in force until the full blown New Mass in 1970.