Copts Choose New Pope
Leaders of the Coptic Orthodox Church cast ballots on October 29 to choose a new leader, replacing Pope Shenouda III who died in March after leading the Egyptian church for nearly 40 years.
Over 1000 electors participated in the day's voting, which was held in the Cathedral of St Mark in Cairo. The election had been twice rescheduled because of unrest in Egypt.
The October 29 balloting will yeild 3 final candidates for the Coptic leadership role. The next pope will be selected on Sunday, November 4. following a tradition of the Egyptian church, the names of three finalists will be placed on slips pf paper in a box, from which a blindfolded child will draw one, in a process that is believed to be guided by god's will.

http://main.omanobserver.om/node/119763
God bless and strengthen the Copts, and all Christians in the region.
(10-30-2012, 06:13 AM)loggats Wrote: God bless and strengthen the Copts, and all Christians in the region.

This.
The Coptic Orthodox Church has selected a 60 year old bishop as its 118th pope and patriarch.
The most important thing is for the church to go back and live consistently within the spiritual boundries, because this is its main work, spiritual work, said Pope Abna Tawadros (Theodorus) II, who will be installed on November 18.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/05/world/middleeast/coptic-church-chooses-pope-who-rejects-politics.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
We should choose our President this way.  Put a blindfolded kid in the middle of 500 random people, and I'd still bet we'd end up with a better choice than the two men we've got running now.
(11-06-2012, 04:48 AM)HuskerTom Wrote: We should choose our President this way.  Put a blindfolded kid in the middle of 500 random people, and I'd still bet we'd end up with a better choice than the two men we've got running now.
I have no doubt.
:) :) :)
That is a pretty god idea.

I saw this about the Copts yesterday, and it made me go look around about them. I've often wondered if they really have the Ark of the Coveneat.

tim
(11-06-2012, 08:25 AM)Tim Wrote: That is a pretty god idea.

I saw this about the Copts yesterday, and it made me go look around about them. I've often wondered if they really have the Ark of the Coveneat.

tim

No, the US government has it in some warehouse.
(11-06-2012, 09:41 AM)Someone1776 Wrote:

tim

No, the US government has it in some warehouse.

Ah, they have it in warehouse 13, no doubt. I thought that syfy program was a cia psy-op, no ?

tim

tim

It's the Ethiopian Orthodox who make that claim.  Dubious, at best.