Fr. John Corapi
I don't see any venom spewing here..

Just a nice lively discussion is all.
Silver Surfer is cool.
Carry on.

And thanks for all the informative posts so far. I am taking each tasty nugget with a grain of salt, but learned more about Fr. Corapi and his predicament in the process.
(11-06-2012, 01:30 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: Wow im doing all that???

Yep. Iniquity is industrious. 

Quote: You must be padre pio...reading souls and all. But hey put it to the room....ask vox...if im spewing venom then by all means ill stop. But....problem is...im not.

Nope. Not reading souls, you're simply projecting it outwards. 
(11-06-2012, 01:57 PM)Armor of Light Wrote: I don't see any venom spewing here..

Silver Surfer is cool.
Carry on.

And thanks for all the informative posts so far. I am taking each tasty nugget with a grain of salt, but learned more about Fr. Corapi and his predicament in the process.

What valuable information have you gotten from the "I hate Corapi" club?  That crowd hasn't produced a fact yet. Just assertions, "Black Dog left his wife..."divorced" the Church etc."  That's sooo informative. You do notice that they don't admit that the Church has a legal process for priests to cease ministry either by their own initiative or by Church ruling. 

You might find this useful Armor: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...898.0.html

(11-06-2012, 02:06 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 01:57 PM)Armor of Light Wrote: I don't see any venom spewing here..

Silver Surfer is cool.
Carry on.

What valuable information have you gotten from the "I hate Corapi" club?  That crowd hasn't produced a fact yet. Just assertions, "Black Dog left his wife..."divorced" the Church etc."   That's sooo informative. You do notice that they don't admit that the Church has a legal process for priests to cease ministry either by their own initiative or by Church ruling. 
Well. That is where the grain of salt comes in! I learned that Fr. Corapi (whom I admire) might be up against forces he can't win against, and that he might have acted as morally responsibly as possible under the circumstances. I also learned that SOLT hired a hit-man to take out a homosexual! Or...at least I learned that someone thinks they dd..
(11-06-2012, 02:23 PM)Starry Plough Wrote: You might find this useful Armor: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...898.0.html
Thanks! I'll start picking throuh this old thread.
I dont hate corapi. Answer this..if God gives a man a vocation to be a priest how can he abandon it? The only hate is from hating the question
(11-06-2012, 03:57 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: I dont hate corapi. Answer this..if God gives a man a vocation to be a priest how can he abandon it? The only hate is from hating the question

You falsely assert that Corapi abandoned it, therefore your question is biased. His ministry was taken away from him.  He's still a priest.  How does a man abandon what is forcibly taken from him? 
(11-06-2012, 11:57 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 03:57 PM)voxxpopulisuxx Wrote: I dont hate corapi. Answer this..if God gives a man a vocation to be a priest how can he abandon it? The only hate is from hating the question

You falsely assert that Corapi abandoned it, therefore your question is biased. His ministry was taken away from him.  He's still a priest.  How does a man abandon what is forcibly taken from him? 

His ministry and his Priestly life are two infinitely distinct things. All VoxPop and I are saying is that the move to cease living the sacramental and minsterial life of a Priest is something he chose to do because, as you have said, a Priest is forever a Priest of the order of Melchizedek.
(11-07-2012, 02:02 AM)Joshua Wrote: His ministry and his Priestly life are two infinitely distinct things. All VoxPop and I are saying is that the move to cease living the sacramental and minsterial life of a Priest is something he chose to do because, as you have said, a Priest is forever a Priest of the order of Melchizedek.

He was told his charism was to preach by his superiors.  That ministry caused him to be unable to hear confessions in a regular fashion because of threats and troublemakers.  He could only say Mass privately or in controlled environments similar to the Pope (though obviously with other significant differences)  By being put into a cell, all that was left of his priestly life was being taken away.  In his own words, he was given the option to roll over and die or quit and try to do something positive with his remaining years.  But he was not going to be doing anything more sacramental than that which he can do now as a priest without a ministry.  He can pray, meditate, say his mass privately depending on the conditions of his leaving the priesthood, he can hear confessions and give last rites if he's called upon in a life or death emergency.  So, he can do all that while not having to place his physical safety into the hands of people that cultivate an atmosphere where those with murder on their minds can roam freely until caught by the secular authorities.