What do you think the election of Obama proves?
(11-07-2012, 10:28 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 10:13 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: Oh, fine, he shouldn't have been there, either.  So, yes, the "unbiased" pic is actually the more unconscionable one.  Good call.
Jesus dined with sinners. What's the big deal?

And He was put to death by the Roman government in collusion with the Jewish religious bureaucracy.  Just trotting out that tired old "Jesus dined with sinners" line as though it justifies any act imaginable trivializes Our Lord's dining with the marginalized, the powerless, the weak.  (Not to sound like some kind of "social justice" hippie type.)  These two men are two of the most powerful men in the world.  One of them is responsible for untold acts of violence against the unborn and defenseless as well as for the oppression of the Church.  The other supports the former, if not the latter.  These are not the publicans and sinners of the Gospel, and you know it.  These men are Pontius Pilate, and the good Cardinal is having a bit of an old laugh with them.
(11-07-2012, 05:08 PM)Guardian Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 02:17 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Obama won for various reasons. He is charismatic. He is supportive of sin, and sin is popular. He will get you free goodies. Pure ignorance. Ephermal knowledge of the matter. Incumbent. Romney is too conservative. Romney is Mormon. Romney is white. Etc. Etc. There are a million reason. I don't think any pattern can be found except Obama is more supportive of our sinful lifestyles and culture. He fits us like a glove it seems.

This. 

This again.  If most Catholics could resist all this evil and nonsense (even if they had voted neither for Obama nor for Romney), Obama very well might have lost. Catholics ought to be better and better informed than the rest of the USA, but so often they are not.
Quote: Oh, I know.  Point was, Obama shouldn't have been invited in the first place.  A Prince of the Church shouldn't be sitting down to eat and chuckle with one who has the blood of the innocents on his hands and who is actively trying to coerce the Church into betraying her principles.

And God smited NY with Hurricane Sandy due to this.  Well, that's my opinion anyway.
The re-election of obama proves...that Russia has indeed spread its errors.
(11-07-2012, 10:28 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 10:13 PM)EcceQuamBonum Wrote: Oh, fine, he shouldn't have been there, either.  So, yes, the "unbiased" pic is actually the more unconscionable one.  Good call.
Jesus dined with sinners. What's the big deal?

And Jesus converted sinners. Notice any signs of conversion in Nobama or Mittens?
(11-07-2012, 11:17 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: Oh, I know.  Point was, Obama shouldn't have been invited in the first place.  A Prince of the Church shouldn't be sitting down to eat and chuckle with one who has the blood of the innocents on his hands and who is actively trying to coerce the Church into betraying her principles.

And God smited NY with Hurricane Sandy due to this.  Well, that's my opinion anyway.

Did God smite Joplin, Missouri with that tornado a few years ago?  Missourians don't tend to be too liberal, once one gets away from St. Louis that is.  I'm just curious as to which meteorological phenomena are God's justice and which are just unfortunate happenstance?
(11-07-2012, 11:17 PM)James02 Wrote: And God smited.....

The past tense of 'smite' is 'smote'. Just sayin'. :)
(11-07-2012, 11:38 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 11:17 PM)James02 Wrote: And God smited.....

The past tense of 'smite' is 'smote'. Just sayin'. :)

Oooh...you smoted him with that one.  :)
(11-07-2012, 11:26 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(11-07-2012, 11:17 PM)James02 Wrote:

Did God smite Joplin, Missouri with that tornado a few years ago?  Missourians don't tend to be too liberal, once one gets away from St. Louis that is.  I'm just curious as to which meteorological phenomena are God's justice and which are just unfortunate happenstance?

God has His reasons for every little thing that happens, whether caused or permitted.  But I don't think we can know that He is punishing one particular area for one particular thing.  Some He allows to suffer to make them stronger, some as punishment, some to bring some other good to them or the world. His ways are not our ways.
I'd rather be smitten than smote.