Georgetown's Fr. Reese: Another Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
Fr. Reese of Georgetown Says Contraception Cheaper than Live Births
Deal Hudson and Deacon Keith Fournier are reporting at Catholic.org that, in a speech at Holy Trinity Catholic parish in Washington, D.C., Georgetown University’s Fr. Thomas Reese, S.J., mocked the bishops as “only 200 votes” in the election and said the bishops should accept the HHS contraception mandate because contraception was cheaper than live births.

Father Reese is former editor of the Jesuit magazine America and a senior fellow at the Woodstock Theological Center at Georgetown University.
[Image: reese_thumb_medium250_200.jpg]
Father Reese argues the Bishops should support what he euphemistically calls “accommodation” with the Obama mandate. What it should be called is “selling out,” at the very least. Reese thinks the Bishops just keep making different “excuses” so they can oppose the mandate.

More alarming was Father Reese’s support for Obama’s policy forcing Catholic institutions to pay for contraception. The Bishops, Reese said, have ignored economic studies that insurance companies would actually save money by providing contraception. “Contraception is a lot cheaper than live births, especially if the live births are problematic.”

There were no gasps or grimaces at these remarks.  There was overwhelming support for everything Father Reese had to say, almost every time he mocked the bishops the majority of those in attendance laughed loudly.

Source:
http://blog.cardinalnewmansociety.org/20...ve-births/

Original piece: http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=48260
(It has been conveniently removed by website)
Two words:

Full communion.
I would most happily slap this clergyman.
(11-08-2012, 12:28 AM)MRose Wrote: Two words:

Full communion.

HERETIC MODERNIST!

I know, that's redundant.
The painful fact of the matter is that this dissident, heretical cleric will never face due punishment and discipline from his ordinary, Cardinal Wuerl, who instead chose to chastise a faithful priest for rightfully denying an unrepentant , sodomite apostate communion.
Contraception may be less expensive than live birth, however a society based on contraception is destined to disappear.
:Hmm: :Hmm: :Hmm:
Okay, well, I don't know about "wolf in sheep's clothing."  1.) He's a Jesuit; 2.) he edited America; 3.) he teaches at Georgetown; 4.) he is about the smuggest-looking you-know-what I ever did see.

So, wolf in wolf's clothing, I'd say.

Full communion.

Came here to say this.
To all of you above: HOW UNCHARITABLE & INTOLERANT!
(11-08-2012, 02:00 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:

Full communion.

Came here to say this.

It's really getting ridiculous, isn't it?  It seems that the marker of Catholicity these days is not following Church teaching or adhering to any particular creed or doctrine as you might suspect, but is simply liking the Novus Ordo.  You don't even really have to go to Mass every week as long as you still choose the NO when you do.