What to do with tortillas?
Here i some other things you can do with tortillas.
:) :) :)

http://shine.yahoo.com/at-home/unexpecte...illas.html
Since half of my little herd and I are celiacs, we often use tortillas in lieu of sandwich bread & whatnot, since it's not always timely to make gluten-free flatbread or sandwich bread. In like manner, we've gotten to the point where we tend to throw all sorts of things in them, often warming them in a skillet first. Thank you for the link.
(11-08-2012, 07:39 AM)dahveed Wrote: Since half of my little herd and I are celiacs, we often use tortillas in lieu of sandwich bread & whatnot, since it's not always timely to make gluten-free flatbread or sandwich bread. In like manner, we've gotten to the point where we tend to throw all sorts of things in them, often warming them in a skillet first. Thank you for the link.

This made me think of something I observed when I attended Mass at All Souls Day in Boston (which I wrote about here): I saw two people come up at the end of Communion to receive from the Chalice. This is, of course, not the norm for the traditional Mass, but I figured they may have been allergic to wheat and needed to receive the Eucharist in the form of the Blood only. Was wondering if this is what you do for Communion as well.
(11-08-2012, 07:39 AM)dahveed Wrote: Since half of my little herd and I are celiacs, we often use tortillas in lieu of sandwich bread & whatnot, since it's not always timely to make gluten-free flatbread or sandwich bread. In like manner, we've gotten to the point where we tend to throw all sorts of things in them, often warming them in a skillet first. Thank you for the link.

This of course applies to non-wheat tortillas. I eat wheat tortillas mostly.

I have a reaction to wheat, however, is is very much linked to stress (I only have a reaction when I am stressed...I always thought it was my imagination until I consulted someone knowledgeable about it and that apparently is something which happens).

They are a very good general purpose bread. I make burritos with them (using pinto beans and fresh salsa).
Tortillas, especially fresh ones, don't last long enough around my house to allow anyone to get creative with them!
Make tacos.
Um...  fold them up and eat them like bread.

Or make really thin peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
Entomatadas
(11-08-2012, 08:22 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

This made me think of something I observed when I attended Mass at All Souls Day in Boston (which I wrote about here): I saw two people come up at the end of Communion to receive from the Chalice. This is, of course, not the norm for the traditional Mass, but I figured they may have been allergic to wheat and needed to receive the Eucharist in the form of the Blood only. Was wondering if this is what you do for Communion as well.
I have seen this at the TLM mass in Mableton. I believe that that is the case. A person who has this type of allergy can recieve the Body of Christ from the chalice.
:) :) :)
(11-08-2012, 08:22 AM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Yes, that is usually how I receive Our Lord, though not always. I was diagnosed when I was 44, am now 49,. Thus, this is still a bit new. My twins (age 7) will grow up not remembering how they were before their diagnoses. They like the fact that they can have taco-shaped sandwiches, et cetera. And while I love making bread, corn tortillas are so easy, we usually pick up another package any time we visit the store, since we use them so much.

Texican, those entomatadas sound like something we must try.