Cardinal: Vatican-SSPX talks do not signal toleration of anti-Judaism
(11-08-2012, 08:30 PM)Gerard Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 07:19 PM)loggats Wrote: SSPX = antisemites in the popular imagination (so far as mainstream media is concerned)

The Vatican has millions of peoples lives to consider. The world is a mess and the Pope has to be extra cautious, with enemies at every door. We live in an anti-Christian world, and sometimes reading some of your comments, I don't think most of you understand just how dangerous it would be for the Pope and the Roman curia to pretend otherwise and just get on with internal matters as though the enemy didn't have eyes all over, just waiting for another slip up (poor Williamson).

Oh for the sweet, simple days when Pius XII was Pope and could speak freely without fear.  The Pope COULD actually write a clear encyclical on "anti-semitism" and distinguish racial hatred from religioius error from cultural cooperation and conflict.  He could knock the legs right out from under the liberal jewish organizations that are virulently anti-Catholic.

edit: removed a rude comment.

But the sense of what I wrote is valid. This kind of thing would just inflame hatred towards the Church. I'm glad the Pope is wiser than that.
(11-08-2012, 07:30 PM)Geremia Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 07:08 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Isn't this the same Cardinal that doesn't believe in the virgin birth, the bodily Resurrection and most other Catholic beliefs? The heretic the Pope appointed head of the CDF? If so Why should anyone give a rip what he says. He is a total apostate.
No, that's Card. Müller. This is Card. Koch.

Ah my bad.
(11-08-2012, 08:42 PM)MRose Wrote:
(11-08-2012, 08:23 PM)Adeodatus01 Wrote: I will look to see if there are any screeds." Then they see a screed about Jewish bankers using the profits of usury to finance world communism so that they can destroy Christianity because they are a carnal race. I'm afraid I just can't blame anyone for backing off at that point. They're just trying to exercise common sense, which is a good thing.

Why is that so hard to believe?

Because I haven't taken leave of my senses. Because I possess the power to read books and I use it.

(11-08-2012, 08:46 PM)loggats Wrote: ]edit: removed a rude comment.

But the sense of what I wrote is valid. This kind of thing would just inflame hatred towards the Church. I'm glad the Pope is wiser than that.

If it is true and clear and inflames hatred, good.  Let people choose their sides.  Our Lord ordered His Apostles to speak in the light and shout from the housetops and He guaranteed that the world would hate us. 

He didn't say anything about getting along and avoiding situations that would inflame people when the truth would be held up. 
It is pretty clear that what really did the reconciliation in between Rome and SSPX was a third party, that is the Jewish lobby, as fronted by the German Bishop's Conference and other Bishops and liberal Vatican bureacrats.

What the modernists are afraid of is that if V2 can be ignored, as the SSPX would do, the effective neutralization of Catholicism would be rendered ineffectual.

The enemies know that V2 was the French Revolution in the Church and if this can be ignored, their project fails.

With the new liberal appointments (Mueller et al) and the apparent Vatican hard-line against the society, it is clear that someone has turned the screws on the Holy Father.

I guess he has "fled for fear of the wolves."