New Archbishop of Canturbury
(11-10-2012, 12:50 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 10:46 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote:
(11-09-2012, 10:38 PM)UnamSanctam Wrote: Is not Her Majesty the head of the Church?

Supreme Governor from Elizabeth I onward. The role is nebulous.

How true, since in modern practice it means that decisions, including the appointment of Bishops, are taken by the governing Prime Minister, because Her Majesty cannot act except on Ministerial Advice.

So you're saying the Queen is as useless as an English dentist?  Huh.
Excuse me, I may be wrong on this but as far as I know the seat of Canterbury has been vacant since Cardinal Pole. So I don't know what this guy is playing at but successor of Canterbury he is NOT.
(11-10-2012, 03:33 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: Excuse me, I may be wrong on this but as far as I know the seat of Canterbury has been vacant since Cardinal Pole. So I don't know what this guy is playing at but successor of Canterbury he is NOT.

John Paul II kissed his predecessor's ring. Benedict allowed him to simulate a liturgy at the ancient Roman basilica of Santa Sabina.
(11-10-2012, 03:53 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 03:33 AM)Unum Sint Wrote: Excuse me, I may be wrong on this but as far as I know the seat of Canterbury has been vacant since Cardinal Pole. So I don't know what this guy is playing at but successor of Canterbury he is NOT.

John Paul II kissed his predecessor's ring. Benedict allowed him to simulate a liturgy at the ancient Roman basilica of Santa Sabina.

And that makes my assertion wrong, how?
But keep in mind that some Anglicans, while rejecting Papal Infallibility, do hold to the most holy doctrine of Canterburial Infallibility, because we all know the Archbishop of Canterbury is infallible in all matters.

It was ridiculous of me to expect a more Catholic ABofC, and perhaps one that would lead the WHOLE Communion across the waters of the Tiber, though the CofE is almost split anyhow. The "daughter" of the CofE, the Anglican Church of Canada (also known as the CofE in Canada) is just about on the verge of merging the the Lutherans anyhow, since they are in full communion with them. Service attendance is low, if existent at all.

Of course though, we have to pray for them ALL to come home to the one, true, Church.

Funny that it was mentioned that the "9 Lessons and Carols" was mentioned, because, in Canada the UK and Australia, too...it is quite common to have the Lessons service before or after Midnight Mass. I know my Basilica does it. As do many of the parishes with capable choirs do.
(11-10-2012, 05:08 AM)Unum Sint Wrote:
(11-10-2012, 03:53 AM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:

And that makes my assertion wrong, how?

He is suggesting the vacancy of a different See.  :possess:
(11-10-2012, 10:56 AM)LoyalVIews Wrote: But keep in mind that some Anglicans, while rejecting Papal Infallibility, do hold to the most holy doctrine of Canterburial Infallibility, because we all know the Archbishop of Canterbury is infallible in all matters.

And some Anglicans accede to the doctrine of Papal Infallibility while rejecting Canterburial Infallibility.  (Or Canterburial anything, for that matter.)
Canterburial?  You guys.  :LOL: