Heavenly Fruit Dip!
For all you guys and gals who like to entertain or bring something special to a potluck or whatever, (if you're like me and just want it all for your own familily) this is a recipe for a fruit dip that I have never seen anywhere else, and it is DELICIOUS! This was served at a big Greek Easter picnic with a lamb on a spit and all that good stuff! While it makes a beautiful presentation and easy finger food for those gorgeous gigantic strawberries, it's wonderful with all fruit, and I will usually make a platter with strawberries, cantaloupe and honeydew. I'd avoid any fruit that might brown, or watermelon which is just too wet. It's very simple, if you've got the whipping cream procedure down. I always thought it was so hard to whip cream, but it's really not. I've included how to do that too. 

[Image: gimmefood.gif][Image: gimmefood.gif]
1/2 cup light or golden brown sugar (packed)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 cup whipping cream

Combine sugar and spices, set aside.
In a chilled bowl and with chilled beaters, on med hi speed whip the cream-when it begins to thicken, lower speed and watch like a hawk til soft peaks form (approx. 5 min. Don't overbeat! If you haven't done this before, you might want to get a pint instead a half-pint whipping cream in case you wreck the first batch like I did ;)) Gently fold in sugar/spice mixture. This will keep well in the fridge for a few days, but don't count on it lasting that long  Let me know how you like it!
-Robin