Fr. Ignacio on my e-mail
I just recieved on my e-mail a 2005 Novena started by Fr. Ignacio. When I tried to research myself about him I found CAF & EWTN stuff. I seem to remember a past thread about him. I'm a little leery of any "pass it on or break the chain" religious devotions. Anyone know anything?
Fr Ignacio Barreirro(I am presuming you mean him) is from S. America and lives in Rome and says and promotes the Motu Mass.  He is the Rome head of Human Life International.  I believe he is recovering from cancer.  I do not know about any novena started by him.  Hope this helps.  I would not give any credence to a chain letter.  Even if it had his name on it, people could just tack that on w/o his knowledge.

Joe
I am always leery of chain emails. Even those with a Catholic substance. I delete them and if people continue to send them, I tell them that superstitions are a forbidden mysticism that is not Catholic. This did not go over well with my modernist Catholic sister - in - law.

Below is the e-mail, I just want to be able to tell a friend if it's a fraud or a truth. I'm 90% certain it's false, thanks

Father Ignacio is the healing priest of the Rosary. He is excellent and truly cures. He has performed many miracles of healing. This is a novena of Father Ignacio that he began the 10th of January 2005, and still has not been broken.

When you receive it, pray a Hail Mary and ask for a special favor. You will see what will happen the 4th day of having received this.

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen." (Ask for your favor)

Please do not break this novena. Send it to 6 persons (or as many as you know believe in the power of prayer) that you believe deserve justice, peace, love, health, prosperity, and well being.

(11-12-2012, 01:30 PM)fatiam13 Wrote: Send it to 6 persons (or as many as you know believe in the power of prayer) that you believe deserve justice, peace, love, health, prosperity, and well being.
This is garbage. Prayer is not intrinsically powerful, and those terms are so ambiguous in their colloquial usage so as to be meaningless.