Poll: Which best describes you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Children at the NO: Is it confusing for them?
I answered number 2.  When I made my first holy communion, we lived on a reservation and the Priest kept to the old ways.  The Baltimore Catechism was used to develop our Faith.  Then we moved to a large city.  The Catholic school I went to had one little old Nun that kept her habit and did her best to preserve the Faith in us while the rest of the Nuns were burning their bras and concentrating on social justice.  It was very confusing to me because they were teaching things that were completely opposite of what I had been taught about the Faith.  We weren't the one true Faith, there was no sin if you didn't mean it to be (let your conscious guide you), the Sacraments and prayer wasn't as important as social advocacy, etc...  The little old Nun was a saving grace for me in holding onto the Faith.  She was soon banished to a remote area in New Mexico and we moved to St. Marys, KS.  

The lesson learned is, you just never know who you are influencing when you stand strong in the Faith of our Fathers.  Good question Mith.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Children at the NO: Is it confusing for them? - by dymphna17 - 11-13-2012, 07:00 PM