Poll: Let's figure out what region has the heaviest concentration of Fishies. Only vote if you're interested in attending!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FE Gathering
There's been talk of having a big FE gathering. See the beginnings of the idea here: http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...77.30.html

We figured it would be a good idea to see where the largest concentration of fishes live as a way to narrow down a location to hold this epic event. The region with the largest number won't neccessarily be the place we have it, but I think the information will be useful for deciding.

This will be the place to throw out ideas for locations, activities, travel plans, etc.

Let's hear your ideas!
Well, Midwest Mafia because that's the only way I could do it.  So in a sense, there's  apossibility I wouldn't be there if some God-forsaken nowhere was chosen like Tampa Bay.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
That's funny, because if this thing is held in Tampa I'll probably arrive two weeks early.  Just sayin.
Colorado? I count seven fishes within an hour of Denver,  the highways are easily travelled. Good beer, but fairly cheap.  There's  a diocesan TLM, FSSP, SSPX, CMRI , so that makes everyone happy.
On my own, I couldn't afford to travel any farther than Chicago, and even that's a stretch (I don't have a car). But if I could catch a ride with someone (I live in Madison, WI), I'd be willing to go just about anywhere. Of course, I would help pay for gas.

Unless it's next door, I'm probably unable to go, but please take lots of pictures to share.  :bonfire:
I like the token Canucks answer :P  I've heard this country is rather large though, so it might be tough to pick a spot when we win.
I seconded Doc's motion of Texas from the other thread. But I had so much fun in Boston when I visited there recently that I was tempted to vote for the Northeast.
(11-14-2012, 10:23 PM)The_Harlequin_King Wrote: I seconded Doc's motion of Texas from the other thread. But I had so much fun in Boston when I visited there recently that I was tempted to vote for the Northeast.

I think you're supposed to vote for where you are, though -- not where you want to go. So Texas is actually the right vote for you.
Posted this on the Meet 3 fishies thread:

I say all the fishies meet up in Lincoln, NE, for the 2013 FSSP ordinations in May.  Yes, the cathedral is hideous, but Bishop Conley will more than likely be presiding in his first ordinations as Bishop of Lincoln, and the reception at the seminary is always a great time (great food, great company).  Not only that, but I believe there are 5 new priests being ordained, which means 5 first blessings and at least 1 first Mass the following day.  It's a win-win for everyone involved.

And to HK's objection about nothing to do in Lincoln, well, that's mostly true.  However, the buffalo wings at the Watering Hole are worth the trip by itself (not joking), and they do have an awesome children's museum.  There are some good restaurants and breweries as well.  Omaha's an hour drive and has one of the best zoos in the country (usually Top 5).