Poll: Let's figure out what region has the heaviest concentration of Fishies. Only vote if you're interested in attending!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

FE Gathering
(11-14-2012, 11:39 PM)Titus Alba Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 11:32 PM)DrBombay Wrote: When did Mexico become safe?  I must have missed that.   ???

Sarcasm much?

no need to reply...we already know about you

:sneaky:

I don't watch the news.  I thought there might have been a recent outbreak of civility, law and order and honest cops in Mexico recently.  :shrug:
(11-14-2012, 11:39 PM)Titus Alba Wrote:
(11-14-2012, 11:32 PM)DrBombay Wrote: When did Mexico become safe?  I must have missed that.   ???

Sarcasm much?

no need to reply...we already know about you

:sneaky:
I for one welcome, Dr Bombaby as our Dictator of this glorious and most serene Republic of Rome . . .
(11-14-2012, 10:55 PM)HuskerTom Wrote: Posted this on the Meet 3 fishies thread:

I say all the fishies meet up in Lincoln, NE, for the 2013 FSSP ordinations in May.  Yes, the cathedral is hideous, but Bishop Conley will more than likely be presiding in his first ordinations as Bishop of Lincoln, and the reception at the seminary is always a great time (great food, great company).  Not only that, but I believe there are 5 new priests being ordained, which means 5 first blessings and at least 1 first Mass the following day.  It's a win-win for everyone involved.

And to HK's objection about nothing to do in Lincoln, well, that's mostly true.  However, the buffalo wings at the Watering Hole are worth the trip by itself (not joking), and they do have an awesome children's museum.  There are some good restaurants and breweries as well.  Omaha's an hour drive and has one of the best zoos in the country (usually Top 5).

Count me in, prospectively.
(11-14-2012, 10:58 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Lincoln is fine but I'm not going to the Northeast or the upper Midwest.  That means no Chicago or Detroit.  No Milwaukee either.  Been there once, that was enough.  Cleveland?  As if. 

Yeah...Cleveland. What can ya do? Poor city..

How about Grand Haven, Michigan? Just across the lake from Chicago. There is only 1 TLM around 45 minutes away, so we may have to hold hand during the Pater Noster at the local parish. But, other than that...it is a great place. Guess where I live.

Even though I'm new on here..I'd love to say hello to y'all. My wife wants to meet your cat, Dr. Bombay. (if that is your cat)
I am not far from Toronto, and enjoy meeting local fishies but I would be willing to travel into northern States for this.  I like Indianapolis because it is near Vox or Chicago.  I have wanted to go to St. John Cantius for some time and I also have a cousin there whom I would like to visit. 
Will there be cuddling?
(11-15-2012, 12:36 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: Will there be cuddling?

Tweeet, he blew the whistle,and says 30 yard penalty for cuddling or spooning if you're not married and if you are not in your own bed with your own spouse.

Put 20 seconds back on the clock,Tweeet.

tim
(11-15-2012, 12:58 PM)Tim Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 12:36 PM)miss_fluffy Wrote: Will there be cuddling?

Tweeet, he blew the whistle,and says 30 yard penalty for cuddling or spooning if you're not married and if you are not in your own bed with your own spouse.

Put 20 seconds back on the clock,Tweeet.

tim

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Chicago! That is my vote. I am biased, for what it is worth.

As I have also stated, though, it has the merit of having a TLM for basically everyone's viewpoint, from St. John Cantius to average parish with NO and TLM, to Institute of Christ the King, to SSPX, and I think Sede too. There are also at least two other independent chapels which acknowledge Benedict XVI in the Canon.
I don't think a single grand Fisheaters Gathering would work. The USA is too big and trads too poor. It's more reasonable to hold a few regional meetings in the same day. Maybe each meeting can have a webcam for the groups to communicate with each other at some point.

Chicago is the most natural choice for the Midwest - it is centrally located and well-connected (airport, highways, rail). I don't think there are enough trads in the former Confederacy (excluding Texas) to support a meeting, so perhaps some Southerners can meet with North-easterners in Washington DC, and the rest meet with Texans in Dallas or Austin. No idea what the rest of FEs could do - nothing west of Denver looks promising.

Short list: Chicago, DC, Denver. But there could definitely be more.