Date Nut Bread
I made scratch date nut bread and always thought you eat it with cream cheese. My husband said no you toast it and put butter on it. Wow! That's good. I may never shmear date nut bread again. That's ok though because I bought onion bagels :)

So do u shmear or butter? Unless ur a purest and eat it as is....
(11-14-2012, 10:43 PM)candyapple Wrote: I made scratch date nut bread and always thought you eat it with cream cheese. My husband said no you toast it and put butter on it. Wow! That's good. I may never shmear date nut bread again. That's ok though because I bought onion bagels :)

So do u shmear or butter? Unless ur a purest and eat it as is....

I haven't had date bread for many years (since I still lived with my parents -- my mother used to make it). I always used to eat it "as is", but toasted with butter sounds really yummy too. I would never put cream cheese on it, but that's because I don't like cream cheese. Your mileage may vary...
More cream cheese for me then  :grin:

Do u like cheesecake? Or pumpkin roll with sweet cream cheese filling? Or red velvet cupcakes? Or the oh good cold spinach dip that is made with cream cheese?

Not too many responses with this thread, I guess peps don't like date nut bread :(
(11-15-2012, 01:19 PM)candyapple Wrote: Or red velvet cupcakes?

I have never understood the point of red velvet cake.
(11-15-2012, 02:36 PM)piabee Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:19 PM)candyapple Wrote: Or red velvet cupcakes?

I have never understood the point of red velvet cake.

The point is to make you feel disappointed that you are not eating chocolate cake instead.
Interesting!  I've never tried date nut bread but I made some banana bread last week and that tastes really good toasted with butter or (as I found out by chance!) peanut butter.  Maybe it's similar?
(11-15-2012, 01:19 PM)candyapple Wrote: More cream cheese for me then  :grin:

Do u like cheesecake? Or pumpkin roll with sweet cream cheese filling? Or red velvet cupcakes? Or the oh good cold spinach dip that is made with cream cheese?

Not too many responses with this thread, I guess peps don't like date nut bread :(

I've never had red velvet cupcakes and I'm not sure what they are -- but if they contain cheese, I wouldn't like them. I don't like any of the other things mentioned above. The only cheese I can tolerate is on pizza, because (1) it's mozzarella cheese, which is relatively bland; and (2) there are enough other strong-tasting things on pizza to cover up most of the taste of the cheese.

But I love date bread or date-nut bread or banana bread.
I like the date bread or the banana bread sans nuts, but warm from the oven with butter. You're making me hungry. Cheesecakes are terriffic from Ely's to the icebox variety on a graham cracker crust, I'm there.

Now you've made me have a taste for goodies.

tim