Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady
As far as the Church being eclipsed, that's passed history.  Look at Europe.  Look at these USA, or Canada, or Latin America.  The eclipsing is done.  Sodomite marriage?  And the Church has not been eclipsed?

As far as the anti-christ rising soon, that is not an uncommon opinion and I agree with him.  2017 appears to be the year the Pope gets killed.  The vision recorded in Lucia's notebook, officially released by the Vatican, shows the Pope getting killed.  The Pope holds back the anti-christ, according to Thess.  Makes sense.

But these are private apparitions, and you may ignore them if you wish.  I have no problem with that.
(11-15-2012, 02:39 PM)James02 Wrote: As far as the Church being eclipsed, that's passed history.  Look at Europe.  Look at these USA, or Canada, or Latin America.  The eclipsing is done.  Sodomite marriage?  And the Church has not been eclipsed?

As far as the anti-christ rising soon, that is not an uncommon opinion and I agree with him.  2017 appears to be the year the Pope gets killed.  The vision recorded in Lucia's notebook, officially released by the Vatican, shows the Pope getting killed.  The Pope holds back the anti-christ, according to Thess.  Makes sense.

But these are private apparitions, and you may ignore them if you wish.  I have no problem with that.

And your opinion of private revelation. Big difference!!!
Woah, this grew way too fast. Subscribing.
Quote: And your opinion of private revelation. Big difference!!!
No opinion on the Church being eclipsed, just opening my eyes.  When Europe can usher in abortion and sodomite marriage, the Church has been eclipsed.  There is no argument against it.
(11-15-2012, 02:43 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: And your opinion of private revelation. Big difference!!!
No opinion on the Church being eclipsed, just opening my eyes.  When Europe can usher in abortion and sodomite marriage, the Church has been eclipsed.  There is no argument against it.

First, I am more referencing your timelines and line of reasoning. As for "eclipse" of the Church, he should clarify exactly his thoughts on the matter. Benedict himself said the Church will become small probably. I have no problem with that notion. But when it is tied in with the phrase about the Antichrist, it leaves way too much up to the imagination, and I think feeds into the worst tendencies of some traditionalists who are end-timers and centrally focused on apparitions. This also buys into the faulty notion of the SSPX that "Eternal Rome" is what we're obedient too. Hey, if Rome is going to hell, and "Eternal Rome" is in our own subjective purview, then we see again more of the practical ignoring of the Pope, along the lines of Williamson's paper Pope. It is loose language, seems to be catering to the wrong crowd. I think it is ill timed. And will anyone be able to undo the sort of line of actions they influence when, perchance, Rome does not fall to the Antichrist, or the Pope does not get shot and killed as in the literal vision of Lucia, or the Third Secret does not talk about a Council or a Mass?
(11-15-2012, 01:30 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:28 PM)James02 Wrote:
Quote: He always seems to blame Rome when when things don't work out.
Are you saying Rome deserves no blame for these last 50 years??

No.

But Bishop Fellay is a dork. There. I said it.

No, worse than a dork.

Dork had more than one meaning... be careful how you words!
So you agree the Church HAS been eclipsed.  So that part of the prophecy, stated when such a statement was unimaginable, has proven out.  Again, a Catholic is free to claim that was just luck.  I don't disagree with a Catholic to say that.  Bishop Fellay obviously believes it was prophetic.

But the fact remains, the Church has been eclipsed.  And it has been eclipsed because of Vat. II and the poor shepherding of Popes.  THAT is the reality that the SSPX is called to deal with.

The next prophesy is that Rome will lose the Faith.  We recall that +ABL referenced the heresy of Vatican cardinals as a game changer to him back in 1972 (or 74).  The particular incident was when Vatican cardinals came to his seminary to investigate, and scandalized his seminarians when they stated that the bodily Resurrection of Our Lord is in question.  Just recently, a man who claims that a camera would not record the video or sound of Our Lord's Resurrection or His visiting the Apostles in the upper room was named prefect for the Holy Office.  THAT is the reality the SSPX has to deal with.  I can't speak for Fellay, but if you believe in La Salette, it appears another part of the prophecy has been confirmed.

And yes, all of this is tied in to the anti-Christ because La Salette predicts the great apostasy and immorality of our time.  In fact, the scripture also refers to the great apostacy first:
Quote: Let no man deceive you by any means, for unless there come a revolt first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition, [4] Who opposeth, and is lifted up above all that is called God, or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God. [5] Remember you not, that when I was yet with you, I told you these things?.....

(DRBO comment A revolt: This revolt, or falling off, is generally understood, by the ancient fathers, of a revolt from the Roman empire, which was first to be destroyed, before the coming of Antichrist. It may, perhaps, be understood also of a revolt of many nations from the Catholic Church; which has, in part, happened already, by means of Mahomet, Luther, &c., and it may be supposed, will be more general in the days of the Antichrist.)
[10] And in all seduction of iniquity to them that perish; because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying:

[11] That all may be judged who have not believed the truth, but have consented to iniquity. [12] But we ought to give thanks to God always for you, brethren, beloved of God, for that God hath chosen you first fruits unto salvation, in sanctification of the spirit, and faith of the truth: [13] Whereunto also he hath called you by our gospel, unto the purchasing of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. [14] Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.
Bishop Fellay said:
Quote:Well, then, we will continue, while waiting for the happy day... it will come, but when? We know nothing about it. Certainly we will see. That is the Good Lord’s secret. The day will come when the cockle [weeds] will be uprooted, this evil that makes the Church suffer. The crisis that we are going through is probably the most horrible that the Church has ever endured.

Looks like the bishop is in it for the long run. The cockle does not get uprooted until the end of time. I thought everyone knew that the tares, the cockle, the weeds, whatever you want to call them, are everywhere, and yes even in the Church until the end of time.

Our Lord said:
Quote:The kingdom of heaven is likened to a man that sowed good seeds in his field.

[25] But while men were asleep, his enemy came and oversowed cockle among the wheat and went his way.

[26] And when the blade was sprung up, and had brought forth fruit, then appeared also the cockle.

[27] And the servants of the goodman of the house coming said to him: Sir, didst thou not sow good seed in thy field? whence then hath it cockle?

[28] And he said to them: An enemy hath done this. And the servants said to him: Wilt thou that we go and gather it up?

[29] And he said: No, lest perhaps gathering up the cockle, you root up the wheat also together with it.

[30] Suffer both to grow until the harvest, and in the time of the harvest I will say to the reapers: Gather up first the cockle, and bind it into bundles to burn, but the wheat gather ye into my barn.

Bishop Fellay said:
Quote:This council tried to harmonize itself with the world. It brought the world into the Church, and so now we have disaster. And all these reforms that were made on the basis of the council, were made by the authorities for this purpose. Today, they talk to us about continuity, but where is it? In Assisi? In the kissing of the Koran? In the suppression of the Catholic States?

Notably missing is visits to Synagogues. Kissing the Koran bad, kissing the "Fathers in the Faith" collective ass good? Maybe the idea that there is Rothschild money funding the SSPX is accurate.

But its all good. All we have to do is use, and yes I mean use, the Mother of God as a wedge to fight with one another.

Notice who is not picked on here in this sermon. Then ask yourself who benefits from these apparitions? Or should I say the twisting of them.

Yes, I agree that this is not a sermon that bodes well for the eventual homecoming of the SSPX. But, I think that there are other things that are of much greater concern here.

Dear Bishop Fellay, if you are going to speak like this, why not name some names? Who is cockle and who is wheat and why? You have set your schedule for reunification of Rome at the end of time. So why not stick out your neck a little and talk in specifics? It would appear you think we've got plenty of time to talk about this. Make it count.

Everybody, outside the Vatican, agree that the Fatima's 3rd Secret was not revealed in its entirety. We know by the Cardinal Ciappi that the hidden part kept by the Vatican is dealing with the apostasy in the Church and that this apostasy will begin (has already begun?) AT THE TOP.
Regarding the words "the Church will be eclipsed", currently I am reading an interesting book (though almost unknown) in french "L'Eglise éclipsée".
The author explains that these words were not chosen by our Lady at random.
These words are meaning exactly what they mean: Like during a true eclipse of the sun, when a celestial body (the moon) comes to interpose itself between the sun and  earth, since the council a false Church has progressively replaced the true Church, but only for a time.
(11-15-2012, 02:17 PM)Meg Wrote: Remember, I'm an unapologetic popolator. I'm not (unlike some) an unapologetic Fellayolator.

This word just seems wrong.