Bishop Fellay Repeats False Message from our Lady
Saint Barnabas said:
Quote:Do not add to your sins by saying that the Covenant is both theirs and ours. Yes, it is ours, but they lost it forever.

Bishop Fellay said:
Quote:The Jews are "our elder brothers" in the sense that we have something in common, that is, the old Covenant.

So what are we to make of this in light of this recent sermon. That +Fellay has more in common with the Jews than Rome? And it would seem Rome has more in common with the Jews than the SSPX.

I smell a rat. Again I say, Cui Bono?

(11-15-2012, 04:39 PM)James02 Wrote: So you agree the Church HAS been eclipsed.  So that part of the prophecy, stated when such a statement was unimaginable, has proven out.  Again, a Catholic is free to claim that was just luck.  I don't disagree with a Catholic to say that.  Bishop Fellay obviously believes it was prophetic.

The problem is, at the time period, the idea of the Church being eclipsed in the near future was quite imaginable: Catholic society was being systematically dismantled before their eyes, religious houses suppressed, church propery confiscated, the Papal States conquered, the proligeration of vice, bad books, and "free-thought," you name it.  As I tried to demonstrate in more detail in my previous post in this thread  (post #13), the longer and later-appearing version of the La Salette messages is tailor-made for that time period (which, coupled with its placement on the index, makes the longer version dubious IMO).
SS,
To be honest, I don't have a strong feeling about La Salette, less about Garabandal.  My main study has been about Fatima, which I do have very strong opinions on.  What you say could be true.  Heck the writing could be fake.  It's a private apparition, so Catholics can take it anyway they want.

However, I lean to it being true, and describing our times.  It fits well with Fatima.  And it appears Bishop Fellay shares my belief, so I'm explaining his thinking process.  He does not think the Pope is the anti-christ.  That is my main point.

Bishop Fellay could depend solely on the revealed vision of Fatima if he wants.  The Pope is not at the top of the Church (mountain with cross).  He then has to conquer it.  That right there tells you that the Church will be rife with apostasy and schism.
(11-15-2012, 02:05 PM)Meg Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 02:03 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 01:58 PM)Walty Wrote:
(11-15-2012, 12:25 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Correct,
That particular part of the "message" was never given Church aprobation.

It was approved by the local ordinary and the Church has since said nothing official about it.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with quoting it at this point.

Remember, though, +Fellay is "worse than a dork."

Exactly. I toned it down from what I was REALLY thinking. 'Dork' is putting it mildly, IMHO.

Based on this and your last post, I don't think you really know the situation that well.

Bishop Fellay is, amongst the three SSPX bishops, the most friendly towards Benedict XVI and conciliar rome. In my view, he very nearly lead the SSPX to a deal.

Look at other trad sites on the web, and you'll see many hardliners foolishly and imprudently spew venom about Bishop Fellay. I can understand his reasons for doing so ecclesiologically, and although I strongly disagree and share some sympathy with SSPX hardliners, I've never has anything but respect for the man, since he is a trad Catholic bishop.

You going on about he being a dork and denouncing "Fellayolators" is inappropriate, becuase most of the people you disagree with disagree with Bp. Fellay as well.
But yet when the Son of Man comes, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?  -- Luke 18:8

(11-15-2012, 12:25 PM)Old Salt Wrote: Correct,
That particular part of the "message" was never given Church aprobation.

Would it have been if they believed it to be genuine?

I doubt it.

Yet it has kinda, sorta been the seat of the antichrist has not it?

Heck of a call. Lucky guess?
(11-15-2012, 12:22 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: I think this belief that Rome will be the seat of the Antichrist does much destruction to the traditionalist movement. I think it creates a vision which naturally sees Rome as an enemy, or preparing to be an enemy, instead of the place where we receive solutions and reconciliation. I find Fellay's statements troubling, and I think this perspective is an impediment in his position to reconciliation.

More info:
http://www.unitypublishing.com/prophecy/...alette.htm

Bishop Fellay, Nov 11, 2012 Wrote:"And we know very well that THE solution will come from the Good Lord and we can even say THROUGH the Blessed Virgin. We can say this, it is something quite obvious in our times, indicated by these beautiful, magnificent apparitions, Our Lady of La Salette, Our Lady of Fatima, which herald this painful, terrible era. Rome will become the seat of the Antichrist, Rome will lose the faith... that is what was said at La Salette. The Church will be eclipsed. These are not trivial sayings. One truly has the impression that this is what we are experiencing now."

http://www.sspx.org/superior_generals_ne...1-2012.htm

Thanks
The very first link given on La Salette in this thread gives us an article by John Loughnan. This gentleman was once an SSPX Trad but for many years now has been antiSSPX-antiTrad. Age, and perhaps, the ongoing SSPX-Rome dialog has quietened him down somewhat. Of course his article has to be taken on it's own merits. There are sites which tout for the absolute veracity of La Salette. One such:

Blog:  www.shrineblog.org

Personally, I feel that Bishop Fellay should keep all apparitions out of his public statements. Revelation ended with the death of the last Apostle.
(11-17-2012, 02:14 AM)francisco Wrote: The very first link given on La Salette in this thread gives us an article by John Loughnan. This gentleman was once an SSPX Trad but for many years now has been antiSSPX-antiTrad. Age, and perhaps, the ongoing SSPX-Rome dialog has quietened him down somewhat. Of course his article has to be taken on it's own merits. There are sites which tout for the absolute veracity of La Salette. One such:

Blog:  www.shrineblog.org

Personally, I feel that Bishop Fellay should keep all apparitions out of his public statements. Revelation ended with the death of the last Apostle.

Ah, read their posts. They like the Dimond brother et al. No wonder ... This has about as much authority as any Joe who sets up a blog yesterday. Sorry, of course the sedes love the false statement.

http://shrinewebsite.blogspot.com/p/trad...rches.html
http://shrineofourladyoflasalette.blogsp...again.html
He's echoing Archbishop Lefebvre.  The following is the last thing the Archbishop wrote for publication - three weeks before he passed to his reward.

Quote:Introduction
Father Giulio Tam, a member of the Priestly Society of Saint Pius X of Italian origin, who receives daily the “Osservatore Romano”, the official journal of the Roman Curia, has thought good, for the information of his confreres, to gather together the most significant passages from the discourses of the Pope and the Roman authorities about the most topical subjects.

The collection sheds such brilliant light on the doctrinal Revolution officially inaugurated in the Church during the Council and continued up to our days that one cannot help thinking of the “seat of iniquity” foretold by Leo XIII, or of Rome losing the faith foretold by Our Lady at La Salette.

The diffusion and adherence of the Roman authorities to the Masonic errors many times condemned by their predecessors is a great mystery of iniquity which ruins the Catholic faith in its foundations.

This harsh and painful reality obliges us in conscience to organise on our own the defence of our Catholic Faith. The fact of sitting in the seats of authority is no longer, alas, a guarantee of the orthodoxy of the faith of those who occupy them. The Pope himself now ceaselessly spreads the principles of a false religion, the result of which is a general apostasy.

We therefore give herewith the texts, without commentary, for the year 1990. Readers will be able to judge for themselves and by the texts of the Popes of before the Council.

Reading them amply justifies our conduct for the maintenance and restoration of the Reign of Our Lord Jesus Christ and of His Holy Mother on earth as in Heaven.

The restorer of Christianity is the priest, by offering the true sacrifice, by conferring true sacraments, by teaching the true catechism, by his role of vigilant shepherd for the salvation of souls.

It is around true and faithful priests that Christians must group themselves and organise the whole Christian life. All spirit of distrust towards the priests who merit confidence diminishes the solidity and the firmness of the resistance against the destroyers of the faith.

Saint John closes his Apocalypse by this appeal : “Veni Domine Jesu,” Come Lord Jesus, appear at length upon the clouds of Heaven, manifest Thine omnipotence. May Thy reign be universal and everlasting.

Écône, 4th March 1991
+ Marcel Lefebvre