Antihistamines
I took one last night hoping it would relieve my allergies and help me sleep, because on Sundays I get up about 4 hours earlier than usual and I'm always nervous the night before Mass.  It didn't exactly make me drowsy as I was hoping it would, but it helped me breathe so I could sleep through the night.  What a blessing.  I used to yawn uncontrollably at Mass on Sundays but today I was relaxed and alert.  I love antihistamines!

I didn't even know I had a breathing problem until this stuff cleared it up.  I was just tired all the time, and thought it was because of arthritis.  I'm going to take 2 a day from now on. 

Thank you, Lord, for antihistamines!  :)
Because of all the meth labs in my city, you now have to ask the pharmacist for an antihistamine.  The condoms and various lubricants and jellies can be bought freely by anyone of any age but the antihistamines are kept locked away like they're a threat to the public good.  There's a lesson there about the degeneracy of American society. Yes indeed.
Antihistamines are great. I used to take Zyrtec a few years ago to help with allergy problems.
(11-18-2012, 08:01 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Because of all the meth labs in my city, you now have to ask the pharmacist for an antihistamine.  The condoms and various lubricants and jellies can be bought freely by anyone of any age but the antihistamines are kept locked away like they're a threat to the public good.  There's a lesson there about the degeneracy of American society. Yes indeed.

So would you need a prescription for antihistamines, or do you just have to ask for them from behind the counter?  I doubt I would've gone to the trouble of going to a doctor for a prescription for this.  Now that I know how well they help I will in the future, if necessary.  I've never heard of any local drug labs in my life, not that I'm any expert.  Maybe we import our meth, I have no idea.

There's a really sad video on youtube showing pictures of women before and after becoming addicted to crystal meth.  The neighborhood I live in is just saturated with all kinds of this stuff, from the looks of many of the ladies here. 
(11-18-2012, 08:07 PM)Axona Wrote: Antihistamines are great. I used to take Zyrtec a few years ago to help with allergy problems.

Nice to 'see' you again, Axona! 

I used liquid oxygen for a while and liked it very much.  I stopped buying it simply because it took longer and longer to arrive through the mail (from Florida).  It was gentle and subtle but very effective and long-lasting for energy.  I won't be using that again as long as I can breathe normally.  Antihistamines are way cheaper.
I've had 'Hay Fever' all my life and have become tolerant of just about every antihistamine there is. My doctor started me on Singular and it has changed my life. I take it during the 'seasons' and it works wonders. You have to take it for a day or so before it works the best.  Doesn't work like the antihistamines do, by blocking histamine, it blocks Leukotriene and that works well too in blocking the histamine response. It also can be beneficial for your breathing effort too.
I can't take the normal ones - well I can, but even a single Benadryl tab will completely knock me out within an hour or two of taking it.  If I don't find somewhere to lie down, I'd probably just end up passing out on the floor.

At the tail end of the season I got some stinging nettle capsules that Rosarium recommended.  They actually seemed to help, but I'll have to wait till next year to be sure.  I'm going to try growing some too and throw it in juices/smoothies or something.
(11-18-2012, 08:20 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 08:01 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Because of all the meth labs in my city, you now have to ask the pharmacist for an antihistamine.  The condoms and various lubricants and jellies can be bought freely by anyone of any age but the antihistamines are kept locked away like they're a threat to the public good.  There's a lesson there about the degeneracy of American society. Yes indeed.

So would you need a prescription for antihistamines, or do you just have to ask for them from behind the counter?  I doubt I would've gone to the trouble of going to a doctor for a prescription for this.  Now that I know how well they help I will in the future, if necessary.  I've never heard of any local drug labs in my life, not that I'm any expert.  Maybe we import our meth, I have no idea.

There's a really sad video on youtube showing pictures of women before and after becoming addicted to crystal meth.  The neighborhood I live in is just saturated with all kinds of this stuff, from the looks of many of the ladies here. 

No, you just have to ask the pharmacist.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something untoward.  Why must we cater to criminals and deviants?
(11-18-2012, 08:52 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

No, you just have to ask the pharmacist.  Makes me feel like I'm doing something untoward.  Why must we cater to criminals and deviants?

Do they look sideways at you? 
(11-18-2012, 09:03 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(11-18-2012, 08:52 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

Do they look sideways at you? 

No, they just smirk.  My pharmacy is staffed by the cast of Glee, including the gay ones.  Rotten little monsters.