Pope St Pius X explains what loving the Pope really entails.
(11-20-2012, 12:00 PM)JoniCath Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 10:44 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(11-20-2012, 10:37 AM)JoniCath Wrote:
(11-19-2012, 12:38 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Is this when those critical of the pope are treated the same way catholics are treated by militant gays

"They hate us. Why can't they accept us?"

Idk what yr pointt is old salt. If yr addressing a forum dynamic, then yr addressing a strawman. No one here hates the pope

Maybe not, but surely you can see that many here do not LOVE him, do not promote LOVE of the Pope. It is true that, like humanity in general, some Popes are easier to love than others, but what Pius X said is still true. I think that it's the definition of "love" that confuses. Love is not a noun, it's a verb. Love is not a feeling......it's a commitment.  On matters that do not deal with faith & morals we do NOT  have to agree with him, on matters that define faith & morals we do. To publicly criticize him, IMO., is wrong & NOT traditional.

Uh, it's precisely when the pope says something ridiculous in faith or morals that he MUST be criticized.  No one cares if the pope thinks Chinese food is better than Thai food or if he likes one soccer team over the other or likes the color red more than blue. 

There's nothing traditional about submitting to unorthodoxy.  Nothing.  NADA.  Never has, never will.  Zip.  Zilch. 

Unorthodoxy = The word unorthodox, from Greek non-orthos ("not right", "not true", "not straight") + doxa ("opinion" or "belief", related to dokein, "to think"),[1] is generally used to mean the non-adherence to accepted norms, more specifically to creeds, especially in religion.[2] In the narrow sense the term means "not conforming to the Christian faith as represented in the creeds of the early Church".

Which Pope/popes taught doctrines ex-Cathedra which are/were "unorthodox".......DOCTRINES that did not conform to the Catholic faith of the Fathers & what were/are  these DOCTRINES. And please leave out Assissi, Fatima, & all of the other issues that you (generic you) use as excuses for defamation of our Holy Fathers. The only ex-Cathedra doctrine proclaimed during the last 3 centuries, that I know of,  was the Assumption of Mary. If there are any other new DOCTRINES that you know of, please let me know.

Sorry, I forgot one "ex-Cathedra statement concerning Mary..........probably because it had been a Church teaching since the fourth century.........but wasn't formally declared  so until the 19th century.

Pope Pius IX defined the Immaculate Conception on December 8, 1854, and
Pope Pius XII defined the Assumption of Mary on November 1, 1950

(I personally remember the ex-cathedra definition of the Assumption because I was 9 yrs. old when it happened. School was dismissed for the day, a special dinner followed at my home & the next day the "children's Mass" was a solemn high Mass.  

I know that  Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church which states that, [b]in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error[1] "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church".[2][/b] This was confirmed as Dogma during Vatican I, I believe.

NOTHING was defined as infallible at Vatican II. There were no ex-Cathedra statements, no "anathemas", etc. This was a pastoral council that defined no dogma.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Pope St Pius X explains what loving the Pope really entails. - by JoniCath - 11-20-2012, 01:46 PM