6 Reasons Why You Should Include Chili Peppers In Your Diet
I love good chili. I make meals of the stuff at least twice a week and where I live its hard to find good stuff. So, I order it in from a great little restaurant near Albuquerque called El Pinto. They have excellent roasted green chili for stews and the like and the red chili is fabulous...well ALL of their chili products are the finest around, according to me.

I am sort of jaded as to where my chili is grown and while my favorite is from Chimayo north of Santa Fe, the Hatch versions are very good as well as those grown in the Basque near Albuquerque where the El Pinto gets their chili. When I lived up in Cimarron, we'd go to town in Raton and get chili from the Rocky Ford area in Colorado. I will always fondly remember, right about this time of year, the lovely smell of the roasters, at every grocery store, out in the parking lot, roasting up the fresh chili. Yum Yum indeed!! 

Enough on the restaurant, what about all these benefits from having to eat something one loves!

:comp:

http://mytechnologyworld9.blogspot.in/20...li_28.html

Wednesday, November 28, 2012
6 reasons why you should include chili peppers in your diet
Chili pepper or chilli is a member of the nightshade family that has its origin in the Americas. This fiery spice not only adds heat to our food but has surprising health benefits too.

Good for heart: Vitamins A and C along with bioflavinoids strengthen blood vessels, making them elastic and better able to adjust to blood pressure fluctuations. It also lowers cholesterol, and to reduce the amount of fibrin in the blood.

Relieves pain and reduces inflammation: Capsaicin, which is the main component in chili pepper, inhibits Substance P, which is associated with inflammatory processes, and provides pain relief for migraine and sinus headaches. It also stimulates the release of endorphins that are natural pain killers.

Helps clear congestion: Chili helps to stimulate secretions that aid in opening your nasal passages. It also contains antibacterial properties that help fight chronic sinus infections.

Helps burn fat: Studies suggest that capsaicin can help speed up metabolism and reduce fat tissue, as well as curb overeating by taming appetite.

Fights cancer: According to researchers, capsaicin found in Chilis makes prostate cancer cells to kill themselves.

Lowers blood sugar levels: A study has shown that eating chillies can help control insulin levels after a meal. The amount of insulin needed to lower the body`s blood sugar level following a meal was reduced by a staggering 60%.
Thanks!  I'm with you!
Okay ! Can anyone buy the chilis from that place ? I make a chili with beef chuck cooked slowly and some beans. I used to be able to get the chilis from a local merchant, but he's long gone. I've been using McCormacks, but would like to get back to the others. I don't quite remember which chilis and how much, any more. Even with McCormacks I've won first prizes at local tavern competitions. I use no, not any tomatoes. Oh and mine doesn't need chopped onions, or melted cheese on top to make it taste good. The one concession to my Italian heritage is I love it with Italan bread with american butter. I serve tortillas de harina for the rest.

tim 
(11-30-2012, 01:02 PM)Tim Wrote: Can anyone buy the chilis from that place ?

I use no, not any tomatoes.
tim 

Yes and you can order them online at  www.elpinto.com

As for the tomatoes, I am with you 100%. Nothing kills the flavor of GOOD chili like tomatoes...they make good spaghetti sauce and salad fillers, but bad chili. If you like the FLAVOR and taste of chili, why cover it up? I make a wonderful (I think and have been told) Green Chili Stew. The roasted green chili come in a jar (glass in all cases) and one will make a 2 qt. stew-pot full.

Enjoy my friend!