Admonishing sinners
OK.  So far, unless I've missed it, no one has answered my question 'What is my place?'  Maybe there's nothing written about it.  Maybe it's one of those things that are handed down by example and almost taken for granted.  It seems that prudence and having holy intentions is the key.  I'm sorry to say this, but that's not very helpful, since I can't think of a question or problem that couldn't be answered that way, KWIM?  No offense to anyone here.  Maybe I'm expecting too much to have a clearer answer than this, though.  If that's the case then I'm sorry.  Smile
(12-04-2012, 02:28 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: OK.  So far, unless I've missed it, no one has answered my question 'What is my place?'  Maybe there's nothing written about it.  Maybe it's one of those things that are handed down by example and almost taken for granted.  It seems that prudence and having holy intentions is the key.  I'm sorry to say this, but that's not very helpful, since I can't think of a question or problem that couldn't be answered that way, KWIM?  No offense to anyone here.  Maybe I'm expecting too much to have a clearer answer than this, though.  If that's the case then I'm sorry.  Smile
I am sorry at your frustration, and sorry that my attempted examples failed to help!

Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than I can step in with citations from some of the great spiritual writers about this - I would have to imagine that Thomas a Kempis, or St. Francis de Sales, or St. Thomas touch upon this somewhere.
Maybe it's a more contentious issue than I realized.