Poll: Will we and who willbe blamed for falling off the cliff ?
This poll is closed.
0%
Yes, Republicans 0%
0%
No, Republicans 0%
0%
Yes, Democrats 0%
0%
No, Democrats 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Ze Cliff
Which will happen, and who'll get blamed, and will it ruin the economy ?

I believe that we will because Obama believes he'll get his tax ezee-pezee that way. The Republicans will be blamed as they are now, and I believe they won't give him the tax increase next session, and we'll go to financial ruin.

tim
I have no idea whether or not we will go over the cliff.  No matter what happens, I feel like the Republicans are going to get blamed for something, though.  But I don't think going over the cliff would bring us to bring us to financial ruin.
Without even looking at the poll results prior to voting, the answer is obvious.
It's the system of government that is to blame. In this government, career politicians routinely sell themselves to gain riches for themselves and their friends. The welfare of the people all too often takes a backseat. Pretty Ironic since the U.S. is supposed to be a government "by the people, for the people." Then again, what should one expect when man is elevated over God as the source of government power?

ummmm...A: weve been over the cliff since TARP....B: there is no choice in the poll for BOTH PARTYS
Ze cliff is not such a big deal. Over it or not, shale oil is going to come to the rescue of the  US and put it right back on top. The real issue is that shale oil is going to give Obama more glory than he has even had so far. He will get the Supreme Court of his choice, he will get the taxes of his choice, and he will get the support he wants. The cliff is a blip.
(12-05-2012, 04:47 PM)Cooler King Wrote: Without even looking at the poll results prior to voting, the answer is obvious.

I am assuming you think the answer would be the Democrats based on available options.

But, I can't vote in the poll since there is no option for both.

Another option I would like to see is the banks. Because they seem to be the ones conducting the bank robbery. The politicians are merely the banksters little whores.

See what I hope for is sort of Maldon, and Adam's in reverse. The shale oil is good and it'll make transportation and therfore manufacturing cheaper, so if the US goes over the so-called cliff and the US has all the bankers under it's arms, the peasant, that's us, will emerge as strong little independent  makers of goods.
Sounds like a plan,stan.

tim
(12-05-2012, 10:00 PM)maldon Wrote: Ze cliff is not such a big deal. Over it or not, shale oil is going to come to the rescue of the  US and put it right back on top. The real issue is that shale oil is going to give Obama more glory than he has even had so far. He will get the Supreme Court of his choice, he will get the taxes of his choice, and he will get the support he wants. The cliff is a blip.

Don't think so. It's not the  first time shale has shaken us up.
In the late '70s and early '80s, the U.S. went through a frenzied period of attempting to develop domestic shale oil resources.
The plan was to pump product out of mountain ranges spanning Wyoming, Utah and Colorado.
To that end, the government set up the Synethic Fuels Corporation "to create a market for synthetic fuel alternatives to imported fossil fuels" like shale oil.
Five years later, it was dead — a spectacular boondoggle.

Also, if the Republicans do not listen to the will of the people during this last election, they are done.. The people have spoken. They want no more jobs sent overseas, they want those who are immensely wealthy, to pay a higher percent of income tax. Two weeks ago, Forbes came out with the wealthiest women in the U.S.Four of the ten are Walton women...........all four are worth more than $10 BILLION. The employees at the local Walmart, were warned.........."If they asked for insurance, they would be put on 20-30 hours per wk. & viewed as part-time workers". Most of them are already there & have been told "to go to the emergency room" when they need care.  When they get over 35 hrs. per wk. (picking up a shift for a sick co-worker, taking more time to unload trucks, etc.) They have to warn their supervisor. Middle class people............those making between $50,000-$75,000 per yr. don't want a damned thing GIVEN to them. They want to EARN enough money (& benefits) to live in a decent home, send their children to college & take care of their families health. When they see people like Mitt Romney & the Walton women outsourcing work to China, where they pay 18 cents a day to many of their "employees", using every loophole that they can find to avoid paying a little more to support their country.

Our 4 children were all born within a 6 year time period, thus there were, at least, 2 in college at the same time........one year, there were 3 as one of our athletes "red-shirted" for a year. My daughter graduated from Journalism school, while working at the local Walmart & held a second job at Hardees. Our 3 sons, worked at Restaurants & on farms. They all graduated, too. We have firsthand experience re. working for minimum wage & no health insurance. They are now the "upper middle class" paying for the whole country, while the filthy rich send their money to Switzerland & China.
double post. next page is what I want to say.