Muhammad Prophet?
(01-09-2013, 02:50 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(01-01-2013, 05:23 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 06:52 PM)SMKMI Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 03:52 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 10:17 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: The degrees of separation between a Catholic's God and a ... Protestant's is ultimately too different to be talking about the same guy if we are to understand who we are each worshiping.

Whoa, hold your horses, cowpolk.  You might want to review your basic catechism if you think Protestants worship an essentially different God.  Shocked

Which Protestants? some might as well be Catholic aside from the lack of Apostolic succession and valid Sacraments, others might as well be a Dr. Phil show.

That's the point; he seems to suggest that a Lutheran professing the Nicene Creed is worshiping an essentially different God than Catholics; which goes against Church teaching.

Which catechism?

The one the Holy Spirit wrote:

Quote: [23] For passing by, and seeing your idols, I found an altar also, on which was written: To the unknown God. What therefore you worship, without knowing it, that I preach to you: [24] God, who made the world, and all things therein; he, being Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands; [25] Neither is he served with men's hands, as though he needed any thing; seeing it is he who giveth to all life, and breath, and all things:

[24] Dwelleth not in temples: God is not contained in temples; so as to need them for his dwelling, or any other uses, as the heathens imagined. Yet by his omnipresence, he is both there and everywhere.

[26] And hath made of one, all mankind, to dwell upon the whole face of the earth, determining appointed times, and the limits of their habitation. [27] That they should seek God, if happily they may feel after him or find him, although he be not far from every one of us: [28] For in him we live, and move, and are; as some also of your own poets said: For we are also his offspring. [29] Being therefore the offspring of God, we must not suppose the divinity to be like unto gold, or silver, or stone, the graving of art, and device of man. [30] And God indeed having winked at the times of this ignorance, now declareth unto men, that all should everywhere do penance.
- Acts 17:23-30

Or using our big boy brains, the one that Saint Pope Pius X wrote:
Quote:Catechism of Pope St. Pius X : 12 Q. Who are infidels?
A. Infidels are those who have not been baptised and do not believe in Jesus Christ, because they either believe in and worship false gods as idolaters do, or though admitting one true God, they do not believe in the Messiah, neither as already come in the Person of Jesus Christ, nor as to come; for instance, Mohammedans and the like.

If they can admit one true God, though deficiently, as muslims... well, I'm pretty sure that combining Acts 17:23 and this passage pretty much nails it down.

I should note an important caveat, found in Balitmore Catechism #3:

Q. 1148. How do we offer God false worship?

A. We offer God false worship by rejecting the religion He has instituted and following one pleasing to ourselves, with a form of worship He has never authorized, approved or sanctioned.
What do you have to say about this catechism?

"32 Q. What should a Christian do who has been given a Bible by a Protestant or by an agent of the Protestants?
A. A Christian to whom a Bible has been offered by a Protestant or an agent of the Protestants should reject it with disgust, because it is forbidden by the Church. If it was accepted by inadvertence, it must be burnt as soon as possible or handed in to the Parish Priest."

^It's the catechism of Pope St. Pius X. 

Protestants... they're not Christians because they don't believe Christan doctrine... Catholic doctrine.
(01-09-2013, 03:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: What do you have to say about this catechism?

"32 Q. What should a Christian do who has been given a Bible by a Protestant or by an agent of the Protestants?
A. A Christian to whom a Bible has been offered by a Protestant or an agent of the Protestants should reject it with disgust, because it is forbidden by the Church. If it was accepted by inadvertence, it must be burnt as soon as possible or handed in to the Parish Priest."

Protestants... they're not Christians because they don't believe Christan doctrine... Catholic doctrine.

LOL

Oooooookay, then.  Aww, there now

I'm not saying that Protestants are good or right, but to say that they do not worship the same Trinitarian God when they recite the Nicean Creed is an ignorant statement, plain and simple.
(01-09-2013, 03:41 PM)Parmandur Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 03:14 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote: What do you have to say about this catechism?

LOL

Oooooookay, then.   Aww, there now

I'm not saying that Protestants are good or right, but to say that they do not worship the same Trinitarian God when they recite the Nicean Creed is an ignorant statement, plain and simple.

The creed is enoughHuh?  Trinitarian is enoughHuh?  Says who?

The "god" they believe in doesn't give them the Eucharist, but the God we believe in does.  Is the same God?

I am Catholic, I believe Christ is truly present in the Eucharist.  The Protestant does not.  Their "Jesus" that they worship didn't give them these things.  The Jesus we worship did.  Are we worshiping the same Jesus?
I have always used the Protestant Bible to explain the Catholic Faith to Protestants. It is one of our best weapons.
Smile Smile Smile
(01-09-2013, 08:55 PM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(01-09-2013, 03:41 PM)Parmandur Wrote:

LOL

Oooooookay, then.   Aww, there now

The creed is enoughHuh?  Trinitarian is enoughHuh?  Says who?

The "god" they believe in doesn't give them the Eucharist, but the God we believe in does.  Is the same God?

I am Catholic, I believe Christ is truly present in the Eucharist.  The Protestant does not.  Their "Jesus" that they worship didn't give them these things.  The Jesus we worship did.  Are we worshiping the same Jesus?

Yes; yes you are.  That is why they are not re-baptized when they convert, because they are Baptized in Christ.
(12-31-2012, 06:52 PM)SMKMI Wrote: Which Protestants?  some might as well be Catholic aside from the lack of Apostolic succession and valid Sacraments, others might as well be a Dr. Phil show.

Slight differences including:

Apostolic Tradition as a source of Revelation;
several books of the written Word of God;
the consequences of Original Sin (e.g., free will vs. total depravity);
the impeccability of Christ (some);
that Christ founded a Church (religion), rather than just asked for us to have a "personal relationship" with Him;
the Immaculate Conception, Divine Maternity, perpetual virginity, Assumption, Queenship and intercession of Our Lady;
the Teaching Authority (which is infallible) of the Church, her monarchical constitution;
the intercession of the Saints, the treasury of merits (indulgences);
the nature and process of Justification (losing and re-entering the state of grace);
the number of Sacraments, including differences on the ones we agree to (Baptism remits sin, the Real Presence of Christ in the Holy Eucharist and the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, the indissolubility of Holy Matrimony);
the Last Things (Purgatory, no rapture or literal 1,000-year reign).
(01-11-2013, 04:11 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Yes; yes you are.  That is why they are not re-baptized when they convert, because they are Baptized in Christ.

And... then they are cast out of the Church through sin, which DEFINITELY includes their heresies.  They have the sacrament "held hostage".
(01-12-2013, 03:07 AM)LoneWolfRadTrad Wrote:
(01-11-2013, 04:11 PM)Parmandur Wrote: Yes; yes you are.  That is why they are not re-baptized when they convert, because they are Baptized in Christ.

And... then they are cast out of the Church through sin, which DEFINITELY includes their heresies.  They have the sacrament "held hostage".

You're wrong.

http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg33852104