Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents
(12-07-2012, 12:27 PM)jim111 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 01:01 AM)Poche Wrote: It happens because God wills it.
:) :) :)
I believe it exits and i know why it it exist. What i don't understand is what is happening.
(12-07-2012, 02:37 AM)ggreg Wrote: I don't bother explaining this stuff to modern people. They are too rational and have lost any sense of mystery.
Im trying to understand transubstantiation, I accept how it happens is a mystery, but i am trying to understand what is happening, if you don't have any thing helpful to say then please don't post.  :)

It cannot be understood in a normative sense of that word.

Equally how can God become man.  How can Jesus be fully man and fully God.  God is not man and man is certainly not God.  If are fully something then you cannot be fully something ELSE.  The two words are mutually exclusive in a normative sense of the words "man" and "God".

There is a lot of mystery in the universe.  This is just another piece of mystery.

What is the alternative?  That Jesus did not mean that and the apostles got it wrong?  That Christians believed a lie for 1500 years?

It either is true, or it is not true.  It cannot be half true.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents - by ggreg - 12-07-2012, 01:59 PM