Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents
(12-07-2012, 01:59 PM)ggreg Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 12:27 PM)jim111 Wrote:
(12-07-2012, 01:01 AM)Poche Wrote: It happens because God wills it.
:) :) :)
I believe it exits and i know why it it exist. What i don't understand is what is happening.
(12-07-2012, 02:37 AM)ggreg Wrote: I don't bother explaining this stuff to modern people. They are too rational and have lost any sense of mystery.
Im trying to understand transubstantiation, I accept how it happens is a mystery, but i am trying to understand what is happening, if you don't have any thing helpful to say then please don't post.  :)

It cannot be understood in a normative sense of that word.

Equally how can God become man.  How can Jesus be fully man and fully God.  God is not man and man is certainly not God.  If are fully something then you cannot be fully something ELSE.  The two words are mutually exclusive in a normative sense of the words "man" and "God".

There is a lot of mystery in the universe.  This is just another piece of mystery.

What is the alternative?  That Jesus did not mean that and the apostles got it wrong?  That Christians believed a lie for 1500 years?

It either is true, or it is not true.  It cannot be half true.
    There is no reason God can not be man. Man is a soul united to a body. There is no reason God can not exist as this. Man refers to the physical and spiritual makeup of a being. God refers to the one who is the creator of all. One can be supreme creator and exist as a man, this is not at all illogical. One can also fully be man and fully be CEO of a company. There is nothing in the nature of man, that prevents it from being a type of existence for God.

I do not however not fully understand transubstantiation, if it is a mystery I can't comprehend then I will accept that. However I would like to fully understand this. In past topics I did not understand I realized the things I thought were contradictory were only due to my limited/false understanding of how things worked. This has helped to convert from a neocon to a true Trad. I do not intend to prove the apostles wrong, I only wish to increase my understanding.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents - by jim111 - 12-07-2012, 02:22 PM