Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents
(12-08-2012, 07:31 PM)Warrenton Wrote: This question probably approaches the limits of human understanding.  God does not act contrary to His nature, so in that sense, He cannot do evil.  If we define evil as a "possibility" then we could say that there is a possibility that is outside God's power.  But...
then we have to realize that evil and good alike depend on God's constant will:  the possibilities of good and evil exist within an existence that contains freedom that is itself dependent on God.
  I believe you are talking about moral evil, but though God never has or will commit a moral-evil (something contrary to Gods desire), because he is perfect. There is no reason to believe God does not have the ability to commit an action that would be contrary to his desire. I will hit not my self because it hurts and is contrary to my goodness, however I have the ability too hit myself, and could in the event that a higher power were to force me too.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents - by jim111 - 12-08-2012, 07:43 PM