Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents
In the course of my life I've read more than a few stories and seen a few films in which one character wakes up inside the body of someone else.  In film, I believe this is referring to as the "Freaky Friday Plot" after the film that first made it popular.  One person becomes another, but none of the physical attributes are changed.  Person A is suddenly inhabiting the mind and body of person B, but all of the accidents of person B remain.  For this to actually happen, of course, would be a miracle.  The audience, given an omniscience over the events portrayed in the film, recognizes the person doing the actions as person A.  The other characters in the plot, acting by senses alone, think they are interacting with person B.  Typically, it requires a statement "I am person A" combined with a proof "I know this thing only person A would know" to convince the other characters of the truth.   

I find this useful.   

Messages In This Thread
Re: Transubstantiation in modern science: How can substance change without accidents - by Burdensome1 - 12-13-2012, 09:18 PM