NCR on the Latin Mass
(12-10-2012, 07:45 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: or that the entire American Rite is in full schism.

I thought that was a well known fact.

It bothers me that they recruit Sts. Teresa of Avila and John of the Cross to their modernist cause.  Are these saints not a good example for those of us trying to follow Tradition?
(12-10-2012, 07:45 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: I can not read any more of those comments. A person could get the opinion that the Catholic Church has devolved into  another vile Prot church or that the entire American Rite is in full schism.

This article should have been placed on the Index.

Yes. Especially when one of them claims that in the "Early Church", the liturgy was celebrated by the non-ordained.
(12-10-2012, 09:54 PM)TraditionalistThomas Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 07:45 PM)Lateran15 Wrote: I can not read any more of those comments. A person could get the opinion that the Catholic Church has devolved into  another vile Prot church or that the entire American Rite is in full schism.

This article should have been placed on the Index.

Yes. Especially when one of them claims that in the "Early Church", the liturgy was celebrated by the non-ordained.

lol nothing could be further from the truth.  In the Early Church only bishops celebrated mass.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
(12-10-2012, 05:32 AM)Poche Wrote: A few years ago the Archdiocese of Atlanta sued a protestant denomination (Capilla de Fe) for leading the people to think that they were Catholic churches. I think they were almost put out of business.
They also sued a dissident liberal Catholic group to prevent them from naming their church after Mother Theresa of Calcutta.

Could you give me some cites? I would be quite interested in reading about the cases and the decisions.
Jovan, ever wonder why Michael Voris is now the director of "ChurchMilitantTV" instead of "RealCatholicTV?"

Archdiocese of Detroit, baby.  Apparently they've got an monopoly on Catholic.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
I still think you are giving these people too much attention. They don't merit all this attention.
(12-10-2012, 11:33 PM)Mithrandylan Wrote: Jovan, ever wonder why Michael Voris is now the director of "ChurchMilitantTV" instead of "RealCatholicTV?"

Archdiocese of Detroit, baby.  Apparently they've got an monopoly on Catholic.

As I pointed out, I am aware of the Voris case but AFAIK he was asked/ordered to drop the name 'Catholic' and he obeyed. I never heard of a lawsuit. NCR was asked/ordered to do the same and refused. The difference between a Catholic (Voris) and a 'Catholic' (NCR).
(12-09-2012, 09:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I would take issue with the fact that this publication still is in full communion with the Pope and that they can still officially use the word "Catholic" in their title, but I imagine their local ordinary is simply just too busy for trivial matters like this.

The local ordinary is His Excellency, Bishop Finn.

And right now, I don't think he has enough political or social capital in this city to organize a game of Trivial Pursuit, much less worry about the trivial writings of a trivial and dying publication.
(12-11-2012, 12:38 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(12-09-2012, 09:26 PM)CollegeCatholic Wrote: I would take issue with the fact that this publication still is in full communion with the Pope and that they can still officially use the word "Catholic" in their title, but I imagine their local ordinary is simply just too busy for trivial matters like this.

The local ordinary is His Excellency, Bishop Finn.

And right now, I don't think he has enough political or social capital in this city to organize a game of Trivial Pursuit, much less worry about the trivial writings of a trivial and dying publication.

It sounds like he's not very fit for office, then, is he?