1 MIN 47 SEC VIDEO BY STEPHEN SIZER: JESUS ANSWERS RACISM

http://stephensizer.blogspot.in/2012/12/...witterfeed
Please not all caps, Francisco. This parable is deep for so many reasons, but for a good lesson fast forward and put the modern equivalents in their places. The Sammaratin could be a Unitarian and the passer by could be a Trad.

tim
(12-10-2012, 10:59 AM)Tim Wrote: Please not all caps, Francisco. This parable is deep for so many reasons, but for a good lesson fast forward and put the modern equivalents in their places. The Sammaratin could be a Unitarian and the passer by could be a Trad.

tim

Tim, I agree. I know that as a Trad I have many times had occasion to feel thoroughly ashamed of myself!. May Jesus help us all in our quest to crush our vices and increase in virtues!
(12-10-2012, 11:13 AM)francisco Wrote:
(12-10-2012, 10:59 AM)Tim Wrote: Please not all caps, Francisco. This parable is deep for so many reasons, but for a good lesson fast forward and put the modern equivalents in their places. The Sammaratin could be a Unitarian and the passer by could be a Trad.

tim

Tim, I agree. I know that as a Trad I have many times had occasion to feel thoroughly ashamed of myself!. May Jesus help us all in our quest to crush our vices and increase in virtues!

I've noticed this in life, the folks which have been poor or are still poor are usually the first to help. The widow's mite is deep like that too. You know the drill all of the parables have wide implications, and tht why Jesus taught using them. I mean Jesus could have out taught the Cohenim, Levites, Rabbis, or the Pharisees in the Temple but He didn't.

tim
Thank you so much for posting this video. If we (Trads) are going to win people over to the faith, we have to do it with charity. I am guilty almost on a regular basis of playing the "us and them" game. It is time for a change. Again, thank you.
WE all know this whether we do it is another story, i prefer not to hear it from an Anglican who will proably also tell you that the truth part of the faith isn't as important as long as we are charitable. So the true faith is unimportant.
(12-10-2012, 07:41 PM)salus Wrote: WE all know this whether we do it is another story, i prefer not to hear it from an Anglican who will proably also tell you that the truth part of the faith isn't as important as long as we are charitable. So the true faith is unimportant.
Salus, this little video clip doesn't go that far! That we should not be reminded about something we already know, even though so very eloquently, by a protestant, well perhaps, especially if our priests keep doing it. I personally don't ever recall a Trad priest cover this topic.
Some of our Trad people, on hearing a 'good'/'great'/'fantastic' sermon by a Trad priest, immediately go on to label him as 'holy'. At least half the Trad priests I have known, some of them called 'holy' by others, as far as I am concerned, never practice/d what they preach!
May I through the intercession of the Holy Virgin of Guadeloupe love all of the people I encounter.
Pray Pray Pray