Cardinal Giacomo Biffi
Are you refering to the restaurant which Malachi Martin frequented near the house some say the Antichrist was born in NYC ? I can't remember if it was Nixon's or what ?

tim
(12-11-2012, 05:45 PM)Tim Wrote: Are you refering to the restaurant which Malachi Martin frequented near the house some say the Antichrist was born in NYC ? I can't remember if it was Nixon's or what ?

tim
Yes, that is the one but I don't want to go further.
Just out of curiosity, what is your reluctance to say more, DQ?

Also, if the 3DD is legitimate then isn't it the case that that must come first?  It seems to me that most have the timeline as 3DD, 30 year Reign of Peace, Rise of the AC.  Now, I know 3DD isn't exactly de fide, but it seems that the 30 year Reign is a bit more solid.  None of that keeps me from the feeling that the AC is about to enter onto the world stage, though it's nothing more than a feeling.
From the Wikipedia entry:
Quote:In 2000, Biffi told a Bologna conference that the Antichrist would most likely be a prominent philanthropist promoting the ideas of ecumenism, vegetarianism, and pacifism.

Is there something profoundly un-Christian about vegetarianism?  Or is the promotion of it just an incidental signifier of the Antichrist?

???
(12-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Walty Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what is your reluctance to say more, DQ?

Also, if the 3DD is legitimate then isn't it the case that that must come first?  It seems to me that most have the timeline as 3DD, 30 year Reign of Peace, Rise of the AC.  Now, I know 3DD isn't exactly de fide, but it seems that the 30 year Reign is a bit more solid.  None of that keeps me from the feeling that the AC is about to enter onto the world stage, though it's nothing more than a feeling.
  Bishop Williamson was discussing the 7 Ages of the Church in the Angelus years ago i believe it is in Dupont's book. Is this what you are alluding to?

I have to confess I am perplexed about the timeline. It doesn't mean the AC himself perhaps a precusor but something is in play. This is what I know>

The 3DD will be short. It would appear that his appearance will come prior but the overall grab for ruthless power will come afterwards. Geopolitically.....
A convergence of sorts is occuring, for example, the realigning of the Middle East has an order and purpose behind it. It is for an individual to take complete control hence the old
dictators had to be thrown down. 

Regarding the discussion with Fr. Jim, Dove Restaurant, etc...i think it was this thread:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...0.160.html
(12-11-2012, 08:55 PM)Hanno Wrote: From the Wikipedia entry:
Quote:In 2000, Biffi told a Bologna conference that the Antichrist would most likely be a prominent philanthropist promoting the ideas of ecumenism, vegetarianism, and pacifism.

Is there something profoundly un-Christian about vegetarianism?  Or is the promotion of it just an incidental signifier of the Antichrist?

???

The article stated that Biffi believed the AC would be a vegetarian because the AC believes that men and animals were equal, and thus being vegetarian is a moral obligation.  Of course there's nothing wrong with vegetarianism in and of itself, but most who refuse to eat meat in the modern age do so for these sorts of terrible, blasphemous reasons.
(12-11-2012, 09:09 PM)Don Quixote Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 08:48 PM)Walty Wrote: Just out of curiosity, what is your reluctance to say more, DQ?

Bishop Williamson was discussing the 7 Ages of the Church in the Angelus years ago i believe it is in Dupont's book. Is this what you are alluding to?

I have to confess I am perplexed about the timeline. It doesn't mean the AC himself perhaps a precusor but something is in play. This is what I know>

The 3DD will be short. It would appear that his appearance will come prior but the overall grab for ruthless power will come afterwards. Geopolitically.....
A convergence of sorts is occuring, for example, the realigning of the Middle East has an order and purpose behind it. It is for an individual to take complete control hence the old
dictators had to be thrown down. 

Regarding the discussion with Fr. Jim, Dove Restaurant, etc...i think it was this thread:
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...0.160.html
I suggest to review what Fr. Jim wrote, look at 2013 as the year for his appearance. He will probably be 33 years old. Can you figure it from there?

DuPont places the Reign of Peace (which comes about BECAUSE of the 3DD) before the rise of the AC, however he may be wrong.  What do you think?

As far as the years 2013 and 33 go, I think that's quite interesting.  This would mean the AC had been born in 1980 (or perhaps 1979, depending on the time of the year we're looking at).  What interests me about that is this number I've seen floating around certain places online.  I believe there may be a few locations on the web in which those in the know speak a bit about these matters.  I've heard more than one person in these areas throw out the year of 1978 as a birth year.
(12-11-2012, 09:09 PM)Walty Wrote: The article stated that Biffi believed the AC would be a vegetarian because the AC believes that men and animals were equal, and thus being vegetarian is a moral obligation.  Of course there's nothing wrong with vegetarianism in and of itself, but most who refuse to eat meat in the modern age do so for these sorts of terrible, blasphemous reasons.

But ... I don't think most vegetarians abstain from meat because they think men and animals are equal.  Animals objectively lack traits that are uniquely human.  But, also objectively, they do have brains and nervous systems, and therefore they can suffer in ways that are familiar to us, and I think that's the reason most vegetarians abstain (or at least, those who abstain for ethical reasons).  They don't consider animals equal, but they can empathize with them insofar as they suffer.  Hasn't this always been the impetus for vegetarianism?  I don't think the modern age has changed it much.

The AC would have to promote a really radicalized version vegetarianism if he preached equality instead of empathy.  Just my .02.
(12-11-2012, 09:23 PM)Hanno Wrote:
(12-11-2012, 09:09 PM)Walty Wrote: The article stated that Biffi believed the AC would be a vegetarian because the AC believes that men and animals were equal, and thus being vegetarian is a moral obligation.  Of course there's nothing wrong with vegetarianism in and of itself, but most who refuse to eat meat in the modern age do so for these sorts of terrible, blasphemous reasons.

But ... I don't think most vegetarians abstain from meat because they think men and animals are equal.  Animals objectively lack traits that are uniquely human.  But, also objectively, they do have brains and nervous systems, and therefore they can suffer in ways that are familiar to us, and I think that's the reason most vegetarians abstain (or at least, those who abstain for ethical reasons).  They don't consider animals equal, but they can empathize with them insofar as they suffer.  Hasn't this always been the impetus for vegetarianism?  I don't think the modern age has changed it much.

The AC would have to promote a really radicalized version vegetarianism if he preached equality instead of empathy.  Just my .02.

Perhaps not equal, but worth something more than they really are.  For most modern vegetarians and vegans, animals are not eaten because it is seen as cruel to do so.  This is certainly an erroneous belief which shows a disordered view of the universe and God's creation.

I doubt this will be a major feature of the AC.  Cardinal Biffi, I think, probably mentioned it merely as another sign.
What's with the 3 names? Do you mean like George W Bush? Barack Hussein Obama? Hilary Rodham Clinton? There are quite a few from the US and I am sure there are loads in the Southern Hemisphere. So why is this supposed to be such a big clue? And are you saying you are really afraid to type a name in public? Most of us have 3 names . . . . I am not criticizing but really trying to figure your AC thing out.