Drinking
(12-14-2012, 01:22 AM)CollegeCatholic Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 01:15 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: like years ago

haters n their haterade gonna keep their haterz drinkin haterade parade a secret.

what a sick charade

Sir, you are wrong.
It's been far too long.
You best get your webcam and brewski prepared
You'll hear the G+ invite go "Ding dong".

(I'm an engineer.)

Being not of this clique
If I were to click
the Google + feature
Alone I would sit.

Alone I would sit
being not of this clique
the Google + feature
if I were to click.

I once knew a chatroom from Nantucket
and a walrus claimed possession, a bucket
neither were true, now the walrus is blue
and the chatroom is empty so [censored] it.
I think the title of the thread has finally become appropriate for the content within.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.
What nationality can't handle their liquor?  We've had Germans, Italians, and Irishmen in this thread.  Even the English can hold their black and tan.
(12-14-2012, 01:40 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think the title of the thread has finally become appropriate for the content within.

#Wisconsin #PabstBlueRibbon
(12-14-2012, 01:42 AM)Walty Wrote: What nationality can't handle their liquor?  We've had Germans, Italians, and Irishmen in this thread.  Even the English can hold their black and tan.

Well, that might partially be true but certain ethnicities solicit thoughts of really being able to hold their liquor.  Like, if there was a drinking contest between a Malaysian dude and a German, I'd know who to put a bet on. 

The Celts (with the English last in line) the Germans, Italians, Scandanavians... these are only a handful of a ethnicities. 

Anybody have Russians come to mind?  I don't really.  But maybe them too.  And the American Indians. 

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(12-14-2012, 01:46 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 01:42 AM)Walty Wrote: What nationality can't handle their liquor?  We've had Germans, Italians, and Irishmen in this thread.  Even the English can hold their black and tan.

Well, that might partially be true but certain ethnicities solicit thoughts of really being able to hold their liquor.  Like, if there was a drinking contest between a Malaysian dude and a German, I'd know who to put a bet on. 

The Celts (with the English last in line) the Germans, Italians, Scandanavians... these are only a handful of a ethnicities. 

Anybody have Russians come to mind?  I don't really.  But maybe them too.  And the American Indians. 

A friend of mind once went into a liquor store owned by a Russian. He asked for Russian beer. The Russian proprietor came out with a bottle of vodka, set it on the counter, and said, "Russian beer".

(12-14-2012, 01:46 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote:

Russians can hold their liquor damn well.  Just ask ggreg.

I'd still take an Irishman any day of the week, but I'm biased.
(12-14-2012, 01:42 AM)SMKMI Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 01:40 AM)Mithrandylan Wrote: I think the title of the thread has finally become appropriate for the content within.

Are you a fellow Wisconsinite?
I wouldn't take an Irishman.

Main reason is that when I think about the Irish drinking, I think of brawls and goofiness.  Which are not signs of holding liquor.  I'd pick an ethnicity that drinks frequently but retains passivity.  Oh good Lord, would I... pick the French?

Irish it is, then.

Go thy ways, old Jack;
(12-14-2012, 01:49 AM)Walty Wrote:
(12-14-2012, 01:42 AM)SMKMI Wrote:

Are you a fellow Wisconsinite?

No, but years ago I was introduced to a lovely product from your state. Aside from doe-eyed blonds, this is so far the best thing about Wisconsin I can come up with.