Drinking
(12-15-2012, 05:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Oh, the stories I could tell ...
Start with a doable goal of one story.  Then make another doable goal.  Repeat as necessary.  :)
(12-14-2012, 09:00 PM)Walty Wrote: You guys almost make it seem like I should see Road to Perdition.

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
lol
(12-15-2012, 05:25 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
Start with a doable goal of one story.  Then make another doable goal.  Repeat as necessary.  :)

OK, one! :LOL: I had been a night driver, 6pm to 6am, six days a week. I was almost killed in an accident. I was hit head on by a young man doing about 80mph. He was killed (R+I+P), but, I, tho' injured, walked away from the accident. After about six weeks of recuperation and physical therapy I returned to work as a dispatcher until I was able to drive again. When I got back on the road it was as a day driver.

Many of our regular customers were elderly people who still had cars and drove, but if the weather was bad they would call a cab for fear that if they had even a minor accident their children would demand they give up driving. A lot of them were what we called 'blue haired ladies'. They would call us to take them to their weekly hair dresser's appointment where their blue rinse was updated.

One day, one of them remarked that I must be a new driver. I told her no, that I had been driving nights and had just switched to days. She remarked that there must be a lot of drunk passengers at night. I told her yes, but I'd rather put up with drunks than blue haired ladies any day. She almost fell out of the cab laughing! She also tipped me well! :LOL:

BTW, apropos of this thread topic, the young man who hit me was clean and sober according to the autopsy.
(12-15-2012, 07:37 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(12-15-2012, 05:25 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:

OK, one! :LOL: I had been a night driver, 6pm to 6am, six days a week. I was almost killed in an accident. I was hit head on by a young man doing about 80mph. He was killed (R+I+P), but, I, tho' injured, walked away from the accident. After about six weeks of recuperation and physical therapy I returned to work as a dispatcher until I was able to drive again. When I got back on the road it was as a day driver.

Many of our regular customers were elderly people who still had cars and drove, but if the weather was bad they would call a cab for fear that if they had even a minor accident their children would demand they give up driving. A lot of them were what we called 'blue haired ladies'. They would call us to take them to their weekly hair dresser's appointment where their blue rinse was updated.

One day, one of them remarked that I must be a new driver. I told her no, that I had been driving nights and had just switched to days. She remarked that there must be a lot of drunk passengers at night. I told her yes, but I'd rather put up with drunks than blue haired ladies any day. She almost fell out of the cab laughing! She also tipped me well! :LOL:

BTW, apropos of this thread topic, the young man who hit me was clean and sober according to the autopsy.

Wowee.  A blue-rinse brigader who laughs at herself!  That's cute!  I wonder why the blue rinse.  I'm guessing it gets rid of any brassy tones.  I happen to like that look very much, but maybe that's just me!  Thanks for the indulgence! 

Now, just one more story!  Take your time, pace yourself ...