Christmas dinners
Christmas Eve will be the usual shrimp fest with a variety light appetizers.  For Christmas, we make the rounds.  Usually at least 3 different "dinners".  One turkey, one ham, and this year the main event will be a smoked brisket with au gratin potatoes, scalloped corn, broccoli and cheese souffle, and of course green bean casserole and cranberry salad.  All have a birthday cake for Jesus (a wonderful tradition!) and then the assorted dessert specialties.  What a wonderful food day!  I love hearing the all the traditions.
It would be fun one year if the candles on the Cake blew out by themselves.  Well kind of spooky fun.

Must take a long time to light 2015 candles.  Do you use a blowtorch?
(12-23-2012, 04:48 PM)ggreg Wrote: It would be fun one year if the candles on the Cake blew out by themselves.   Well kind of spooky fun.

Must take a long time to light 2015 candles.  Do you use a blowtorch?

The cake is frosted with 2015 drops of wax.  :LOL:
Frozen pizza.  My tastes are simple.
(12-23-2012, 07:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Frozen pizza.  My tastes are simple.

With velveeta on top?
(12-23-2012, 07:49 PM)jen51 Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 07:37 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Frozen pizza.  My tastes are simple.

With velveeta on top?

Now that would be gross wouldn't it? Yes.  Yes, it would.
Yes, yes it would. But since you're so fond of velveeta (which is the epitomy of grossness), I guess I assumed you had no concept of gross.

Well, I take that back. You have a concept of what gross is, but it is obviously the wrong concept, evidenced by your opinion of the obviously superior snickers bar.
(12-23-2012, 08:02 PM)jen51 Wrote: Yes, yes it would. But since you're so fond of velveeta (which is the epitomy of grossness), I guess I assumed you had no concept of gross.

Well, I take that back. You have a concept of what gross is, but it is obviously the wrong concept, evidenced by your opinion of the obviously superior snickers bar.

You see what you've done?  You've ruined everyone's Christmas dinner.  No one's going to have an appetite for days now that you mentioned Snickers.  You Snickerites are shameless.

Velveeta is not gross in it's proper place and quantity.  I wouldn't expect a philistine Snickerite to understand however.  :bronxcheer:
(12-23-2012, 08:18 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 08:02 PM)jen51 Wrote: Yes, yes it would. But since you're so fond of velveeta (which is the epitomy of grossness), I guess I assumed you had no concept of gross.

You see what you've done?  You've ruined everyone's Christmas dinner.  No one's going to have an appetite for days now that you mentioned Snickers.  You Snickerites are shameless.

Velveeta is not gross in it's proper place and quantity.  I wouldn't expect a philistine Snickerite to understand however.  :bronxcheer:

You're a mess.

But back on topic... I've never heard about making Jesus a birthday cake, but it sounds like a great idea! I would like to do it. I might get some weird looks from family members, but that's alright.

My assignment this year for the gathering on my moms side is to bring apple pie, dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, and green beans.
(12-23-2012, 08:47 PM)jen51 Wrote:
(12-23-2012, 08:18 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

You're a mess.

But back on topic... I've never heard about making Jesus a birthday cake, but it sounds like a great idea! I would like to do it. I might get some weird looks from family members, but that's alright.

My assignment this year for the gathering on my moms side is to bring apple pie, dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls, and green beans.

You had me at apple pie but lost me at green beans.  Q.E.D.