Christmas dinners
(12-26-2012, 09:02 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-26-2012, 02:10 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote:
(12-25-2012, 11:59 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-25-2012, 08:39 PM)per_passionem_eius Wrote: I'll admit I had Kentucky Fried Chicken, one of the only things I would never dare to try to duplicate.  And I don't like it when people refer to it as 'KFC'.  It deserves to be referred to by its proper given name.

Kentucky Fried Rat?

Are you saying I ate rat for Christmas?  Or is your delicate Midwestern palate offended by my southern one?

I'm saying KFC uses a species of meat with barely a passing resemblance to chicken.  That's what I'm saying.

I remember reading somewhere or other that their chickens are somehow manufactured to build up their little drumsticks, poor creatures, to the point that they can barely walk. 

In trad shangri-la where the uber-trads will gather one day, there'll be a ban on building up drumsticks, won't there, Dr.?
I think that's pretty much true for all schickens today. Can you imagine a chiken with a breast as large as Perdues, or a turkey with one as large as Butterball ?
I doubt they can stand.

tim
The beef wellingtons came out well. I ended up making garlic mashed, red wine gravy and steamed mixed veggies. The only issue I had was that the puffed pastry didn't get very golden brown. I used enough egg wash. It was in the oven 25 minutes at 400. So last night I made something else with puffed pastry. I put it in an oven at 425 and it was golden brown in 12minutes. Does anyone have any suggestions for why this is?
(12-27-2012, 02:05 PM)Tim Wrote: I think that's pretty much true for all schickens today. Can you imagine a chiken with a breast as large as Perdues, or a turkey with one as large as Butterball ?
I doubt they can stand.

tim

Reminds me of a girl I went to high school with.  Poor dear.
The Chicken of Tomorrow