Bible reading-- read the Bible in a year
(12-19-2012, 03:46 PM)SMKMI Wrote: All indications so far seem to point towards a starting date of 1 January 2013.

Are people wanting to go in order from Genesis or from Matthew first and then back to Genesis once we've completed Apocalypse? Based on my calculations, if we started New Testament and went back to Genesis after Apocalypse, we'd finish Malachi/Maccabees etc in Oct or November--- this would place us in anticipation of Christmas just like that period in Biblical history.

I think I lean more towards starting in Genesis, reason being we can catch all the prefigurements and other references from the OT when we come across them in the NT.

I will do whatever, though.

I'm really excited about this. It would be great if the group could have discussions from time to time about what we're reading. I know already that I'll have many questions/confusions as we go along.
I am already in the midst of reading the Bible. Are you saying that I should stop and then start over?
(12-20-2012, 01:09 AM)Poche Wrote: I am already in the midst of reading the Bible. Are you saying that I should stop and then start over?

No Poche. Just be an overachiever and help us morons out when we are stuck on something... like the long lists of begat, begat, begat, be-oh-my-gosh-I'm-going-insane...

You can be the guy that finishes the race early and goes back to run with the slowpokes.  :LOL:
(12-20-2012, 03:56 AM)SMKMI Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 01:09 AM)Poche Wrote: I am already in the midst of reading the Bible. Are you saying that I should stop and then start over?

No Poche. Just be an overachiever and help us morons out when we are stuck on something... like the long lists of begat, begat, begat, be-oh-my-gosh-I'm-going-insane...

You can be the guy that finishes the race early and goes back to run with the slowpokes.  :LOL:
I don't look on this as a race. He who prays the fastest and reads the fastest is not necessarily the most holy.
(12-20-2012, 04:05 AM)Poche Wrote:

I don't look on this as a race. He who prays the fastest and reads the fastest is not necessarily the most holy.

Poche, it was not meant to be taken literally. You're ahead of us. You admit you do this every year. Some who participate might have never read the Bible in total before. Some might come upon a passage with which you have more experience.

Just "run" with it. ;)
(12-20-2012, 04:07 AM)SMKMI Wrote:
(12-20-2012, 04:05 AM)Poche Wrote:

Poche, it was not meant to be taken literally. You're ahead of us. You admit you do this every year. Some who participate might have never read the Bible in total before. Some might come upon a passage with which you have more experience.

Just "run" with it. ;)
ok