O Come, O Come Emmanuel "Anti-Semitic"
I think the author's underlying premise is Catholicism has been wrong about Our Lord all along and the Jews have been right all along. After that it was a lot of emmotional appeals and little else.

I'll Pray she doesn't formall apostize, although it seems like she practically has already.
(12-19-2012, 11:40 AM)ggreg Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 06:15 AM)jacobhalo Wrote: Who killed Jesus? Swedes.  Of course they were Jews.  Before the cowardly post-vatican II Catholic church took out the words in the Gospel, " and the Jews cried, 'crucify him'",  I'm so sick of today's Catholic church.  If I weren't such a dedicated Catholic, I would leave the Catholic church.  But I'm a cradle-to-grave Catholic.

Sounds illogical to me.  Like you're sticking around because you have no place else to go or no desire for a journey to get there.

My line in the sand is simple.  They canonise any Pope after (or including) John XXIII and I'm going to join Vetus Ordo.

I am anticipating God will step in before that point.  If he does not then I will be forced to face the truth that the Roman Catholic Church did not have the default insurance cover it claimed to have from the Holy Spirit.

If you don't have a line in the sand then it's hard to condemn other religions for ignoring the faults of those religions.
GGreg, good points
Mary Boys has the peace and luv hippie thing going on big time. Perhaps she isn't aware that the Church reveres the saints of the OT. My St. Andrews missel (mass of Pius V, I think) is filled with wonderful information to go along with various feast days which describes of the saints and prophets in the OT, and how they are important for Catholics to know about.
Nothing anti-Semitic at all, of course.

I found Mary Boys' suggestion for a re-writing of O Come, O Come Emmanuel. Here's how she rewrites the first stanza:

Come, O Come Immanuel
And bless the place your people dwell
Protect and keep us day and night
And bring the blessing of yor light

Scroll about 3/4 of the way down for her lyrics:
http://digitalcommons.sacredheart.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1049&context=shureview

It sounds as if she has been studying the Marty Haugen method of song writing!
Put this re-written version of the song in the same category as the rest of the worst hymns of all time which include "Gather Us In" and "Here I Am, Lord."
At least the Rend Collective Experiment produces good music with their heresy against the Catholic Church (go Ireland! Eye-roll)

(12-19-2012, 01:53 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 01:28 AM)MRose Wrote:   She also uses extreme examples which appeal to emotion and cloud the intellect at the end of the article, manipulatively ending with examples of physical violence perpetrated by Catholics on Jews. Why not just say that those actions were wrong but that the True Faith is...True, and the false one is...false!

Such articles never, ever mention Jewish violence against Christians, the teachings of the Talmud, the history of usury in Christendom and its effects on the Christian people, etc. Ever. That stuff simply does not exist -- or it's "anti-semitic" to mention it.

Right. They demand that the Church change Her prayers and Her very Faith, and yet there is never any discussion of changing the vile and Satanic Talmud, the basis of the false religion. Anything, no matter how factual, which could even be construed as reflecting negatively on the Chosen Ones, is anti-semitic. One can only mock and revile the Truth, not one or another false religion.
(12-19-2012, 01:53 AM)Vox Clamantis Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 01:28 AM)MRose Wrote:   This article is absolutely evil and from the mind of Satan - to disparage the teachings and the liturgy of Holy Mother Church, and not just one here and there (although that is grave itself) but to call into question the entire Faith, which is exactly what Miss Boys has done, is absolutely evil.

Yup, pretty much. But she's so kewl, man.
I am sure she is quite smug and self-satisfied about it all. She has no integrity though. She continues to include herself in a Faith which has basically always been wrong, down to its Scriptures and perennial Tradition, and she has no problem telling us all about how wrong St. Peter was, how wrong all our dogmas are, and our prayers. If she had integrity, she would leave.

But she is a revolutionary.