CDF Müller: Catholics ought to avoid extremes
(12-19-2012, 07:59 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Flutch, you've been a traddy for like a year or two. And int hat time you've hit warp speed into sede or cypto-sede teachings. Forgive me, but you should be in a position of learning not teaching at this point. I think you're running aground and think you've got everything figured out. I'm not using this as a point in argument, just pointing out that many a new/young traddy is headstrong and on fire in the beginning. There needs to be maturation.

Alright I'll take that. How does one mature. Seriously, not being an ass. What would your advice be?

I apologize for my impertinence on this thread.

:truce:

(12-19-2012, 08:03 PM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Alright I'll take that. How does one mature. Seriously, not being an ass. What would your advice be?   :truce:

Well, I don't know what you've read, your situation, etc. The first step is to get to know yourself. Really be humble and look at yourself. The best way to do this is in silent prayer, eyes closed, early in the morning. Just still your mind. Don't think about VII, Muller, and all the issues of the day. Just look at yourself. If you are distracted easily, just keep at it. What's the point? When you cut down on the sensory input, it sweeps the floor of your mind, and sometimes you find things in there you didn't see before. In my case I saw that I am prideful. My confessor helped me with that too. I saw that I was very stressed and tight, like I was positively trying to force things to happen. I saw that I didn't trust in God. I saw that when talking with people about the faith, I wanted to see results, but mostly to build myself up instead of leaving it to God to work his grace. If they didn't respond the way I wanted, I would cling tighter. I saw that I really didn't know jack squat about these traditionalist issues. I never had read VII's texts, but I could parrot the party line. I was only reading one side of the story, and didn't really know what if any the argument was on the other side. I just knew they were wrong. I saw that I didn't really pray much. I saw that if I didn't pray much, then how guided by God was my life? I realize that not all victories are by force. Sometimes yielding is how one wins. Sometimes you let the other guy destroy himself. It isn't always wise to go in with guns blazing. I realized I needed to slow down and think before I act. I realized that I still am an infant in the Faith. I realize I am in severe debt to God. I realized that God's way are not ours. Etc. Take this for what it is worth.
With respect to the actual topic of the thread, and ++Muller's comments on the SSPX and Vatican II, a few things come to mind:

1. What are the specific errors of the SSPX?
2. How are the "specific abuses after the council" formally separate from the Council? Does the Novus Ordo fall into the "specific abuse" category or the "Council itself" category?
3. What about, for example, the Social Kingship of Christ?
4. What about, for example, the Syllabus of Errors, Quanta Cura, and Mortalium Annos vis a vis the pertinent VII documents?
5. What about extra ecclesiam nulla salis and ecumenism and the Jews and Protestants and the Balamand Agreement?
6. Why is he so concerned about the SSPX but not doing much about so much heresy and dissent amongst Bishops and priests in "full communion?"
7. What about so many Freemasons occupying high positions in the Church?
I wouldn't even waste the time MRose, just look at what the modernist above you wrote a few posts back:
Quote: And like some karmic wave that goes out, it can't be taken back.
This website is den of wolves, stay away.
Please read more carefully. I said like some karmic wave. All that means is that our acts set in motion chains of events which play out throughout all time. It was not a support of any non-Catholic teaching on action and consequence. Call it butterfly effect or fill in another analogy if you want.
mrose,
good post. 

also, consider Mueller's preoccupation with sspx errors, and consider, relatively, how little of the faithful their "errors" affect. 

then wonder why he spends so much time fighting them.
(12-19-2012, 09:06 PM)Scriptorium Wrote: Please read more carefully. I said like some karmic wave. All that means is that our acts set in motion chains of events which play out throughout all time. It was not a support of any non-Catholic teaching on action and consequence. Call it butterfly effect or fill in another analogy if you want.

No, this is an instance where you mistakenly shewed your fangs. The context of your entire post history on this site has been a series of unorthodox opinions in the name of orthodoxy - the same kind of double speak St. Pius X warned us you filthy modernists consistently take advantage of. Taken together with the nature of your posts, it's quite unbelievable that you innocently used that analogy. You have also shown in the recent  past to be familiar with ,and a proponent of, pacifist, and new age ideas. Thankfully, as we have just seen, what is hidden in the dark will always come to light.

*Disclaimer - Please don't take my word for truth, I implore all to carefully look at Scriptorium's contradictory and convoluted post history for themselves.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=showPosts
(12-19-2012, 09:23 PM)Dellery Wrote: No, this is an instance where you mistakenly shewed your fangs. The context of your entire post history on this site has been a series of unorthodox opinions in the name of orthodoxy - the same kind of double speak St. Pius X warned us you filthy modernists consistently take advantage of. Taken together with the nature of your posts, it's quite unbelievable that you innocently used that analogy. You have also shown in the recent  past to be familiar with ,and a proponent of, pacifist, and new age ideas. Thankfully, as we have just seen, what is hidden in the dark will always come to light.

Well, I have a dedicated reader! My pacifistic questions have been with me my whole life. I didn't become a police officer because I didn't see myself being able to shoot someone. I was a Buddhist and taught others not to kill anything willingly. And since coming back to the Church, I have attempted to square the teachings of peace and non-resistance witht the teachings of just war and self-defense. I own a gun and am ready to use it if need be. I train in eastern internal martial arts.

As for New Age, I don't know what to say. The closes I've come to New Age stuff is reading Teilhard, and liking some music people might call new agey.

See, I used the adjective "karmic" because I am confident in my faith. I don't need to dance around a perfectly good analogy to convince you or others that I believe in Christ and His Church.

But then why I am defending myself? I am not hiding here. I freely speak with you all.

Kind of a shame. We could have gotten along.

(12-19-2012, 09:23 PM)Dellery Wrote: *Disclaimer - Please don't take my word for truth, I implore all to carefully look at Scriptorium's contradictory and convoluted post history for themselves.
http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...=showPosts

Have I been secretive about my views?
(12-19-2012, 09:40 PM)Scriptorium Wrote:
(12-19-2012, 09:23 PM)Dellery Wrote: No, this is an instance where you mistakenly shewed your fangs. The context of your entire post history on this site has been a series of unorthodox opinions in the name of orthodoxy - the same kind of double speak St. Pius X warned us you filthy modernists consistently take advantage of. Taken together with the nature of your posts, it's quite unbelievable that you innocently used that analogy. You have also shown in the recent  past to be familiar with ,and a proponent of, pacifist, and new age ideas. Thankfully, as we have just seen, what is hidden in the dark will always come to light.

I was a Buddhist and taught others not to kill anything willingly. And since coming back to the Church, I have attempted to square the teachings of peace and non-resistance witht the teachings of just war and self-defense.

Unfortunately the effects of eastern paganism are still lingering, which is why they were able to be pinned down in the first place. Moreover, I could never get along with anybody who shares their confusion with others so readily. You admonish others to mind their words on a public forum because they can't be taken back, and I agree, but let me also remind you that a damned soul can't be taken back either - a soul that could invariably hinge on the words typed on public forums.
Dellery,

I don't think you can say one's soul hinges on words typed in a forum.  We can be held accountable for what we say without it being the case that everything we say can lead others to damnation.  Our words and actions are certainly influential, and should thus be careful and Christian, but the way you put it sounds paranoid.
More Catholic Discussion: http://thetradforum.com/

Go thy ways, old Jack;
die when thou wilt, if manhood, good manhood, be
not forgot upon the face of the earth, then am I a
shotten herring. There live not three good men
unhanged in England; and one of them is fat and
grows old: God help the while! a bad world, I say.
I would I were a weaver; I could sing psalms or any
thing. A plague of all cowards, I say still.