Haunting message of forced labor....
While it does seem like “everything” is made in China with some careful shopping, with the exception of electronic goods, I find it often possible to avoid the “Made in China” label.  Even my laptop computer, a Fujitsu Lifebook, was assembled in Taiwan from Japanese components, and was competitively priced with the “Made in China” brands.

I find it still fairly easy to find clothing not made in China, though I have to look in a broader selection of shops than I use to; shoes have been a larger challenge recently.  My two dress suits were made in Colombia and Canada respectively.  My Kitchen Aid food processor was made in France and was competitively priced with the “Made in China” Cuisinart.  I did become really disgusted with Cuisinart when their box had a US flag with a bold “An American Company” printed on it, but the bottom, in fine print, said “Made in China”.

While we have a very consumerist society, many of the people I am around are beginning to wake up to the impact our appitite for cheap goods is having and are becoming more judicious in their shopping habits.

Messages In This Thread
Haunting message of forced labor.... - by Dino - 12-26-2012, 04:58 AM
Re: Haunting message of forced labor.... - by moneil - 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Re: Haunting message of forced labor.... - by Meg - 12-28-2012, 01:07 PM