Daily vitamins?
(12-30-2012, 07:35 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote: I have regular sessions with BALCO founder Victor Conte. We have a regimen going...

All I really take is a one a day multi.

Victor Conte is the real deal. He knows his stuff. Good find. What does he say about the various supps on the market and using multivitamins?
(12-30-2012, 06:43 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 06:32 PM)Atomagenesis Wrote: That's why you take vitamins after meals, they have more time to break down in your stomach with the food you just ate. They will break down, just not as quickly if you take them by themselves, which is not recommended, unless they're in liquid form. Most store bought vitamins are trash, the best ones you have to get at specialty stores. 

What kind of vitamins do you suggest?  Can they be purchased on line?

Orange Triad are what I usually take (they turn your pee neon yellow, good supps do.) Anyway, fish oil is absolutely essential. I mean any supplement is good as long as it is not the trash you get at the grocery store, unless it's the organic stuff at Walgreens and CVS. Most people are deficient in calcium, selenium, zinc, magnesium and A,B,C,D,E vitamins because they drink lots of soda and just eat trash all day.

I would recommend listening to Dr. Joel Wallachs talks on Youtube. He is the pioneer of supplementation, without him we wouldn't have supplements at the store. Dead Doctors Don't Lie is a great start.

Most ailment are caused by lack of one of the 90 essential nutrients. Most diseases are curable by proper nutrition. Pharmaceuticals mask the problem, they don't cure it, nutrition does.

I would buy more supplements, but I'm saving up to pay off my student loan debt and try to get back into seminary.
(12-30-2012, 08:30 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Victor Conte is the real deal. He knows his stuff. Good find. What does he say about the various supps on the market and using multivitamins?

I know that he sells his own supps, specifically one with Zinc. He focuses on nutrition for some. He did an interview with ex-Catholic Joe Rogan. It's on Youtube.
(12-30-2012, 11:33 PM)Phillipus Iacobus Wrote:
(12-30-2012, 08:30 PM)Heinrich Wrote: Victor Conte is the real deal. He knows his stuff. Good find. What does he say about the various supps on the market and using multivitamins?

I know that he sells his own supps, specifically one with Zinc. He focuses on nutrition for some. He did an interview with ex-Catholic Joe Rogan. It's on Youtube.

Joe Rogan, the guy from News Radio?  How does spending a few years on a second tier sitcom qualify one to talk about nutrition?
(12-30-2012, 11:44 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

Joe Rogan, the guy from News Radio?  How does spending a few years on a second tier sitcom qualify one to talk about nutrition?

Don't know.
Question for Heinrich, Atom, or anyone else with some good info....

The multi I'm taking is just a regular store brand.  I'm not opposed to dropping a little money if the product really is that much different. But I've yet to be convinced that it is. 

Also protein.  I work out quite a bit and lots of guys I know swear up and down about different protein shakes.  I eat plenty of chicken, as well as some pork, and beef (mostly chicken though) during the week. Is adding in a protein supplement going to do much for me?
(12-30-2012, 11:44 PM)DrBombay Wrote:

All sitcomes are second- (or third- or fourth-) tier entertainment. But as far as sitcoms go, I thought News Radio was one of the better ones (before Phil Hartman died, RIP).
(12-31-2012, 01:55 PM)Guardian Wrote: Question for Heinrich, Atom, or anyone else with some good info....

The multi I'm taking is just a regular store brand.  I'm not opposed to dropping a little money if the product really is that much different. But I've yet to be convinced that it is. 

Also protein.  I work out quite a bit and lots of guys I know swear up and down about different protein shakes.  I eat plenty of chicken, as well as some pork, and beef (mostly chicken though) during the week. Is adding in a protein supplement going to do much for me?

I am not a nutritionist or health care professional so please consult someone in this field who also has experience with these things.

I would get a multi from a health food store(aside: the looks I get when I go to Granola Town wearing hunting camo--LOL!).

And yes, if you are going to include a weight training regimen in your health plans(which is truly the fountain of youth and much, much better than a cardio, ie treadmill, elliptical, etc.), a protein supplement is essential. You will help regulate metabolism, control hunger and supply your muscles with aminos. Use an organic whole milk/filtered water combination for mixing. I buy a generic brand from Natural Grocers.

http://www.naturalgrocers.com/
Doc Bombay is right.  For some reason some of those multi-vitamin tabs just don't digest - but gummies aren't the only other option haha.

I take a NOW Adam softgel (a multivitamin).  I take their Vitamin D softgels and Vitamin C capsules too.  Other than that I usually have some Green Vibrance every day as well.
(12-31-2012, 05:42 PM)Pheo Wrote: Doc Bombay is right.  For some reason some of those multi-vitamin tabs just don't digest - but gummies aren't the only other option haha.

I take a NOW Adam softgel (a multivitamin).  I take their Vitamin D softgels and Vitamin C capsules too.  Other than that I usually have some Green Vibrance every day as well.

One of the reviews for Green Vibrance says it has dangerously high levels of iron.  A couple of other reviews claim it tastes terrible.  What say you? Do you take it raw or mix it with something?