Ottaviani intervention?
Anyone ever read this? I had actually never read this until a few nights ago.  How can someone possibly read the Ottaviani Intervention and still think the Novus Disorder is a valid Mass?
So why was it ignored? It proves beyond a doubt that AT BEST the new Mass is faulty. Why did PaulVI not heed the warnings of Cards. Ottaviani and Bacci?
It seems as if  he had an agenda to destroy the tradition of the Church and give it a most likely invalid Mass. It seems to me that if he had listened to the warnings he would not have had to be crying a few years later about the smoke of Satan entering the Church.
Please don't talk about Venerable Paul VI like that!  He's, he's . . . venerable!  Yeah, that's the ticket.
(12-30-2012, 10:33 PM)ImpyTerwilliger Wrote: Please don't talk about Venerable Paul VI like that!  He's, he's . . . venerable!  Yeah, that's the ticket.

Oh yeah...forgot... Eye-roll
Seriously though, There have been times since coming to tradition I have attended to NO out of necessity and for family reasons, but after reading the intervention it seems a Lutheran "Mass" would be just as Catholic.
Oh FYI before the oft repeated charge against me comes up once again I want to state. I DO BELIEVE POPE PAUL VI WAS THE POPE!
(12-31-2012, 12:58 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Seriously though, There have been times since coming to tradition I have attended to NO out of necessity and for family reasons, but after reading the intervention it seems a Lutheran "Mass" would be just as Catholic.

I have a Catholic friend (NO) who is married to a Lutheran woman. He sometimes goes to her church with her, and he says there is very little difference between the NO Mass and the Lutheran service.
(12-31-2012, 01:01 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 12:58 AM)The Dying Flutchman Wrote: Seriously though, There have been times since coming to tradition I have attended to NO out of necessity and for family reasons, but after reading the intervention it seems a Lutheran "Mass" would be just as Catholic.

I have a Catholic friend (NO) who is married to a Lutheran woman. He sometimes goes to her church with her, and he says there is very little difference between the NO Mass and the Lutheran service.

That's not a good thing.
Cardinal Ottaviani accepted the NO and encoorueged others to do so after his concerns were addressed. Either the NO is valid or Ottaviani is one of the most evil men of the 20th century, responsible to leading millions of souls into error. A very sad thing for a seemingly very orthodox head of the Holy office to do. 
(12-31-2012, 01:14 AM)Someone1776 Wrote: Cardinal Ottaviani accepted the NO and encoorueged others to do so after his concerns were addressed. Either the NO is valid or Ottaviani is one of the most evil men of the 20th century, responsible to leading millions of souls into error. A very sad thing for a seemingly very orthodox head of the Holy office to do. 

His points were never about validity.
I remember reading on Fr Z's site about an account from "The Rhine flows into the Tiber". Ottaviani was blind so didn't have notes to read before the council panel. When he exceeded his time, good old +Tisserant waved his watch to +Alfrink who rang the bell. When Ottaviani failed to respond, they cut his mic and laughed at him. Ottaviani is now laughing because his "prophecies" are coming to pass.  

On October 30, the day after his seventy-second birthday, Cardinal Ottaviani addressed the council to protest against the drastic changes which were being suggested in the Mass. "Are we seeking to stir up wonder, or perhaps scandal, among the Christian people, by introducing changes in so venerable a rite, that has been approved for so many centuries and is now so familiar? The rite of Holy Mass should not be treated as if it were a piece of cloth to be refashioned according to the whim of each generation." Speaking without a text, because of his partial blindness, he exceeded the ten-minute time limit which all had been requested to observe. Cardinal Tisserant, Dean of the Council Presidents, showed his watch to Cardinal Alfrink, who was presiding that morning. When Cardinal Ottaviani reached fifteen minutes, Cardinal Alfrink rang the warning bell. But the speaker was so engrossed in his topic that he did not notice the bell, or purposely ignored it. At a signal from Cardinal Alfrink, a technician switched off the microphone. After confirming the fact by tapping the instrument, Cardinal Ottaviani stumbled back to his seat in humiliation. The most powerful cardinal in the Roman Curia had been silenced, and the Council Fathers clapped with glee.19
http://www.ewtn.com/library/Theology/SIPVAT2.HTM