Homosexual Marriage. Why is the Church picking this battleground ?
(01-01-2013, 03:25 AM)cgraye Wrote: Perhaps they see a particular danger in something that is unnatural and disordered being formalized and enshrined in law.  It's one thing to tolerate it, but to give it official public sanction is something else.  And as horrific as abortion might be, it is not unnatural in that way.

They were sodomising before they married and will be sodomising afterwards.  The only difference is that they will have a certificate from the state.

If there were not liberal divorce laws I could agree that enshrining homo marriage was particularly scandalous.  But legal marriage is such a joke today that it would not scandalise me if the law allowed a man to marry a mouse,  I would simply think the law and the politicians who made it are asses.

Surely mothers murdering their unborn children is pretty unnatural.  That is enshrined in law.  I cannot see how homosexual marriage is more unnatural than abortion.

Plus there are far more abortions than there will ever be homosexual marriages.

(01-01-2013, 03:25 AM)cgraye Wrote: So perhaps they are worried not so much by immoral things being legal, but by unnatural things being specifically recognized in law.  It does seem that that is a significant departure for society.  I'm not sure such a thing has ever been done in the history of mankind.  It seems like even in cultures where homosexual acts were widely practiced, people would have considered the idea of homosexual marriage rather nonsensical.

The right to contracept and abort are recognised in the law and in the UN charter.  They are unnatural and far more wide reaching.

The right to have IVF is recognised in law and funded by tax payer dollars.  That is unnatural

Why does it really matter if one more unnatural thing is recognised in law?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Homosexual Marriage. Why is the Church picking this battleground ? - by ggreg - 01-01-2013, 04:08 AM