Share your best recipe
Hopefully this thread will create a fisheater cookbook :) Any favored recipe will do.
Bomb Bites

1 box devils food cake mix
1 box 4 oz chocolate or fudge instant pudding
2 cups sour cream
4 eggs
3/4 cup light taste olive oil or reg veg oil
1/2 cup Kahlua
1 6 oz pkg of semi sweet choc chips

Cream Cheese Frosting:

8 oz cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 powder sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven 350 degrees. Blend sour cream, oil, kahlua until combined, blend eggs one at a time until well blended, mix in box cake mix and instant pudding. Fold in chocolate chips. Grease or butter a mini cupcake or mini bunt cake pan, fill 3/4 full. Makes it easier to use a cookie scoop. Or you can put dough in a ziplock gal bag, snip the corner and fill that way. Sometimes I add a few extra choc chips to each cup. Place mini cupcake or mini bunt pan on a cookie sheet to prevent burning bottom. Bake 10-12-15 min depending on mini size.

Cool.

Frost with cream cheese icing.

Blend softened cream cheese, room temp butter, vanilla and powder sugar.

Enjoy!

Store refrigerated.

I always get asked for this and so will you!
BHG recipe- requested often

Creamy Potluck Potatoes

ingredients
3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut up (about 6 cups)
1 10 3/4 ounce can reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup dairy sour cream
1 3 ounce package cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (3 ounces)
1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
1/4 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
directions
1. In a large saucepan cook potatoes, covered, in enough boiling salted water to cover for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain again.

2. Meahwhile, in a large bowl stir together the soup, sour cream, cream cheese, and butter. Stir in 1/4 cup of the shredded cheese, 3 tablespoons of the green onions, the milk, garlic salt, and pepper. Stir in the cooked potatoes. Transfer mixture to a 2-quart rectangular baking dish.

3. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Let stand about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon green onions. Makes 10 servings.

My tip is to wash potatoes, quarter them, boil then remove skins.
From allrecipes

Grandmothers Buttermilk Cornbread

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter
2/3 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
2. Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Mmmmm
This is the best French toast, my family devours it.

Challah French Toast
Copyright 2002, Barefoot Contessa Family Style, All Rights Reserved
Prep Time:10 minInactive Prep Time:5 minCook Time:12 min
Level:
Easy
Serves:
8 large slices

Ingredients
6 extra-large eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half or milk
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 tablespoon good honey
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 large loaf challah or brioche bread
Unsalted butter
Vegetable oil
To serve:
Pure maple syrup
Good raspberry preserves (optional)
Sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, orange zest, vanilla, honey, and salt. Slice the challah in 3/4-inch thick slices. Soak as many slices in the egg mixture as possible for 5 minutes, turning once.
Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon oil in a very large saute pan over medium heat. Add the soaked bread and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until nicely browned. Place the cooked French toast on a sheet pan and keep it warm in the oven. Fry the remaining soaked bread slices, adding butter and oil as needed, until it's all cooked. Serve hot with maple syrup, raspberry preserves, and/or confectioners' sugar.

Chicken Casserole

Ingredients:

(1) Whole rotisserie chicken, cooked (the lemon pepper kind from Walmart adds a good flavor)
(2x) boxes of Stovetop stuffing
   a) chicken
   b) cornbread flavor (can substitute for another flavor such as herbs and seasoning)
(1) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
(1) can of condensed cream of celery soup

Instructions:
Pre-heat oven to 350* Fahrenheit
Using a 9"x13" baking dish:

Pull apart the rotisserie chicken into smaller bits and place in pan. You can place the skin in for the flavor and pull out when eating if you don't eat the skin, or just throw the skin in the trash (communist!).

Once you have a layer of chicken in the bottom of the pan, having picked the chicken to the bone, open your cans of soup.

Pour both cans into a mixing bowl.

Using milk (2% to Whole doesn't matter), pour 2 cans of milk (using the cans of soup for measuring) into the bowl.

Mix the soup and pour evenly over the layer of chicken.

Now make the stovetop stuffing according to the directions.

Spread each flavor as evenly over the chicken/soup mixture as you can.

Place in oven for around 30 minutes or until the soup is bubbling (you will see it through the glass dish)/
-----------------

Serve hot.

Couple with cranberry sauce, or whatever you want.

It's a great quick meal and one pan will serve ~6 people if you have sides.
Mmm, more casserole recipes, please!  :grin:
Braciole

This recipe has been adapted from a Sicilian one, and as Emeril says taken up a notch.

6 slices sirloin tip thin or other thin steak. Stay away from round steak it has no fat and is tasteless.

6 eggs hardboiled

1 cup Italian Bread crumbs

Italian Parsley chopped

3 cloves garlic or more pressed

Olive oil

1 lb. Crimini mushrooms or button or whichever look good, cleaned and sliced

Beef stock, in a box is okay

1 cup of drinkable white wine you have on hand, even dry vermouth

Pecorino Romano grated at least a cup

Adjust the cheese and as your family likes best, this recipe is flexible. Another adaption is to not use the beef stock but substitute canned diced tomatoes.

These can be served with mashed potatoes, polenta, or tagliatelle made with eggs, and buttered with Italian cheese.

Grate the hard boiled eggs in a mixing bowl, add the bread crumbs, add the pecorino romano, add the garlic, add olive oil and mix together with enough oil to be able to make patties or balls. Salt and pepper to taste. If the steaks are big adjust the filling by adding proprtional amounts of ingredients..

Layout the steak, salt and pepper to taste, place 1/6 of filling on steakand wrap it up, next tie it with butcher string both ways, repeat for all of steaks.
Heat Dutch Oven, add oil, and brown braciole on all sides, and remove. Then saute the mushrooms .

Put the braciole back in add the wine, and let it evaporate the alcohol for a minute, then add the beef stock, cover and simmer a half hour. Serve them with the mashed potatoes, or on a bed of polenta or over tagliatelle. If the gravy is too thin use cornstarch diluted in water to thicken, pour some over each braciole.

try 'em you'll like 'em

tim
I wouldn't say that this is my best recipe. But this is kid aproved. Since my kids are finally getting over being so sick (just in time to go back to school and pick up more germs), they need some high calorie food to help them gain some weight back.

1 onion chopped small enough nobody notices it
1 green pepper chopped
4-5 cloves garlic
1/2 lb bacon
1lb ground meat
big can of baked beans
cheese (optional)

Cook bacon till crisp. Break up into pieces and put into pot. Drain almost all fat and add vegtables, cook till soft. Add veggies to bacon. Brown meat in same pan and add to pot. Add the baked beans to pot and simmer them for a while to blend flavors.
That's it. You can add cheese on top when you serve it if you want.

This is what I am cooking right now.
(01-02-2013, 05:15 PM)GeorgeT Wrote: I wouldn't say that this is my best recipe. But this is kid aproved. Since my kids are finally getting over being so sick (just in time to go back to school and pick up more germs), they need some high calorie food to help them gain some weight back.

1 onion chopped small enough nobody notices it
1 green pepper chopped
4-5 cloves garlic
1/2 lb bacon
1lb ground meat
big can of baked beans
cheese (optional)

Cook bacon till crisp. Break up into pieces and put into pot. Drain almost all fat and add vegtables, cook till soft. Add veggies to bacon. Brown meat in same pan and add to pot. Add the baked beans to pot and simmer them for a while to blend flavors.
That's it. You can add cheese on top when you serve it if you want.

This is what I am cooking right now.

Woops! The above was posted by me. Sorry George