SSPX leader calls Jewish people ‘enemies of the Church’
(01-09-2013, 01:05 PM)TrentCath Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 11:56 PM)Whitey Wrote: So the Jews that killed Christ are not the same as the Jews of today. So why do trad clergy keep reminding us of these Jews ?

What is there about today's Jews we should be concerned with ? I know of a few things/sects that aren't compatible with Catholicism such as kabbalists.(after a couple of hours of recent research) But can anyone list what concerns us today ?

???

Neither were the jews at the same as the jews of Christs time when the popes, saints etc... condemned them, so I don't see your point

I see. Say I have a co-worker who is Jewish, but doesn't practice Judaism. As a Catholic, am I to shun him ?
(01-09-2013, 05:03 PM)Whitey Wrote:
(01-08-2013, 11:56 PM)Whitey Wrote: So the Jews that killed Christ are not the same as the Jews of today. So why do trad clergy keep reminding us of these Jews ?

What is there about today's Jews we should be concerned with ? I know of a few things/sects that aren't compatible with Catholicism such as kabbalists.(after a couple of hours of recent research) But can anyone list what concerns us today ?

???

Neither were the jews at the same as the jews of Christs time when the popes, saints etc... condemned them, so I don't see your point

I see. Say I have a co-worker who is Jewish, but doesn't practice Judaism. As a Catholic, am I to shun him ?

No, you are to pray for him, a point I made quite emphatically earlier. As to whether its prudent to have a close friendship with him etc... that, I suspect, depends on the circumstances and it would be rash of me to comment on.

Furthermore, Judaism, is to a certain extent incompatible with Catholicism root and branch, not just some sects, after all the entire man made religion stems from a rejection of Christ and the Church.
I try to remind myself constantly that I am my own worst enemy, since I am the one and only person who is 100% responsible for my salvation.
(01-09-2013, 05:48 PM)TrentCath Wrote:

???

No, you are to pray for him, a point I made quite emphatically earlier. As to whether its prudent to have a close friendship with him etc... that, I suspect, depends on the circumstances and it would be rash of me to comment on.

Furthermore, Judaism, is to a certain extent incompatible with Catholicism root and branch, not just some sects, after all the entire man made religion stems from a rejection of Christ and the Church.

Well, the way I've approached the issue since I returned to the Church is to pray for their conversion, so I'm doing that right.

I'm just trying to see the threat overall. Dialog with them can present some problems, especially when they make demands of the Church. I understand that. But what have they really gained since VII ?
(01-09-2013, 11:51 PM)Whitey Wrote:

???

Well, the way I've approached the issue since I returned to the Church is to pray for their conversion, so I'm doing that right.

I'm just trying to see the threat overall. Dialog with them can present some problems, especially when they make demands of the Church. I understand that. But what have they really gained since VII ?

Doesn't it seem even a little odd to you that popes seem to organise their lives around visiting synagogues and not offending jews? I think it wouldn't be unfair to say that aside from the masons jews were one of the driving forces behind the reforms of vatican 2, they have certainly benefited from them, there is constant dialogue with them, apologies for the church's supposed errors towards them, nonsense about them still being the elect people and so on and so forth. They have gained what they, like the masons wanted, the apparent destruction of the Church, and I use 'they' in a vague sense i.e. I don't suppose each and every jew actually wants this, but as a whole.
I have Jewish friends.  Most are practicing Jews, wear skull caps, don't cut the boys hair etc.

I like them a lot and we talk about religion all the time.
(01-10-2013, 07:48 AM)ggreg Wrote: I have Jewish friends.  Most are practicing Jews, wear skull caps, don't cut the boys hair etc.

I like them a lot and we talk about religion all the time.

Nothing per se wrong with that, albeit it may or may not be imprudent.
Walter Hilton, in his work published in 1494 called The Scale of Perfection, wrote this concerning enemies:

Chapter Seventy

"And if thou be not stirred against the persons by angry and fell cheer outward, nor by no privy hate in thine heart for to despise or demean him, or for to set him at naught; but the more shame and villiany he doth to thee in word or deed, the more pity and compassion thou hast of him, as thou wouldst have of a man who were out of his wit or his mind, and thee thinketh thou canst not find in thine heart for to hate him, for love is so good in the self, but pray for him and help him and desire his amending, not only in thy mouth as hypocrites can do, but with affection of love in thine heart, then hast thou perfect charity to thine even-christian (neighbor).  This charity has St. Stephen perfectly when he prayed for them that stoned him to death.  This charity counselled Christ to all those that would be His perfect followers when he said thus: Diligite inimicos vestros, benefacite his qui oderunt vos, orate pro persequentibus et calumniantibus vos. Love your enemies and do good to them that hate you; pray for them that persue and slandar you.  And therefore if thou wilt follow Christ, follow Him in this craft. Learn for to love thins enemies and sinful men, for all these are thine even-christians.  Look and bethink thee how Christ loved Judas, that was both His deadly enemy and sinful caitiff.  How goodly Christ was to him, how benign, how courteous, and how lowly to him that He knew damnable. And nevertheless He chose him to His Apostle, and for him to preach with with other Apostles. He gave him power to work miracles, He showed to him the same good cheer in word and in deed as He did to other Apostles, He washed his feet and fed him with His precious body, and preached to him He did to the other Apostles; He bewrayed him not openly, nor mis-said him not, nor despised him, nor spake never evil of him, and yet though he had done all these he had said but sooth (truth).  And over, when Judas took him He kissed him and called him His friend. And all this charity showed Christ to Judas which He knew for damnable, in no manner feigning nor flattering, but in soothfastness of good love and clean charity."
(01-09-2013, 11:51 PM)Whitey Wrote:

???

In response to the bolded: they have gained that nobody may dare offend, upset, or be insensitive towards them; they have gained tolerance and approval from the highest ranks of the Catholic hierarchy, and they thus continually posture for more and more and more influence in every aspect of society, politics, culture, and so forth even though, numerically speaking, they are a miniscule religious group. They have gained non-evangelistic visits to their houses of worship by reigning Pontiffs. They have gained being more important than Catholic Bishops. They have gained not only an absolutely embarrassing Novus Ordo Good Friday prayer, but even the wholesale change of the Good Friday prayer in the Traditional Rite. The Catholic Church has never hated Jews; rather their religion is qualitatively more offensive to God than any other false religion because it is born of an explicit rejection of Our Blessed Lord. The whole point of ancient Judaism, the religion of the Prophets and King David, was to prepare for the Messias. After that, finished, complete, time for the Holy Roman Catholic Church.