Decline and Fall of the Catholic Church in America
Michael Voris had a great interview on his Mic'd Up show lately. I thought the person was very thoughtful, and appreciated his viewpoint. I'm going to read his book, Decline and Fall of the Catholic Church in America, by David Carlin. That's the essential wide topic of the interview, but it goes into the history of America and such like. As an aside, but related to the topic, I also recommend The American Mind, by Allen C. Guelzo. A three-part video series from The Great Courses.

or to download the audio:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/churchmilit...-voris.mp3

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/churchmilit...oris-1.mp3
This guy is a bit older than me, he's from those few born during the war. At the beginning of the boom, these were the older kids that let me a little kid hang with them up to  point. Because of that I identify with them more than the boomers. All of this is to say I take much of what he said, but he needs to admit Vatican II was as much of a problem as the Societal shift and the Sexual Revolution. I can not see it except as an attack on many levels of Satan himself.

E. Michael Jones in his Slaughter of the Cities show beyond a shadow of a doubt, we Catholics were engineered out of the Parish ghettos. This was purposeful, and intended to main stream us from being "fisheaters" to "mericans.  JFK was an incident on it's own and not because we were accepted by the Protestant Culture which was about to go bye bye. He should remember the undercurrent which ran through this country, making it necessary for JFK to win, to go to those Southern preachers and say what he did. More there is real possibility that hadn't Mayor Daley held back the Chicago votes until the end, to see how many he needed, JFK would have not won. 

It appears to me the thing some of them do not want to admit is changing the Mass no matter the intentions has weakened the Faith. Catechesis follows the Mass, not the other way around. No amount of Holy Hours will fix this. If we are to Adore we need Benediction again in every Parish at 5:30 pm as before. It's not because Benediction is for God Almighty but it focuses us on the Eucharist as free form kneeling could never do. We need for every Catholic to be able to sing O Salutaris Hostia, and Tantum Ergo by rote. This is part of the prescription, it breeds respect for the Body and Blood of Christ.

In conclusion I quit the first one about half way through. He is half right. The Societal changes, no-fault divorce, the Sexual revolution (Enovid-E coming to market), the feminist revolution, and their embrace of abortion by the Party of Death, must be joined to the Vatican II to see what went wrong. It wasn't just the Council, it was all of it. These societal changes are still chugging forward and have a full head of steam. They need to be stopped completely before this can be fixed it as we are attacked by a Hydra, cut off one head and two new ones appear.

tim
He discusses VII and doesn't deny a connection. He says it contributed, but without the other input it wouldn't have been as bad a crisis. He says there would have been a slight dip, but not the mass crisis related to the sexual revolution, 1968, etc. etc.
I call BS. Vat2 MAY have been part of it?? MAY HAVE BEEN?
Sorry right out of the shoot this guy is ignoring the facts
(01-07-2013, 03:39 PM)JoeVoxxPop Wrote: I call BS. Vat2 MAY have been part of it?? MAY HAVE BEEN?
Sorry right out of the shoot this guy is ignoring the facts

He didn't say "may." It was one of his three contributing factors. I don't know if he'd use my term, but I call it a "necessary condition." We know it isn't the sole cause, or even the root cause, because other places which did not liberalize in society were relatively undisturbed, i.e., place like Poland and Ireland. Either way, don't let this dissuade others from listening to what he has to say. It was quite thoughtful a view.
Don't get me wrong he has a pretty good analysis but it is certain that Vatican II was as much a part as all else.

tim
It just nerves me when neocats bendover backwards to dismiss the level of damage that diabolically disoriented council was....or should I say hijacked council.
(01-07-2013, 11:51 AM)Tim Wrote: This guy is a bit older than me, he's from those few born during the war. At the beginning of the boom, these were the older kids that let me a little kid hang with them up to  point. Because of that I identify with them more than the boomers. All of this is to say I take much of what he said, but he needs to admit Vatican II was as much of a problem as the Societal shift and the Sexual Revolution. I can not see it except as an attack on many levels of Satan himself.

E. Michael Jones in his Slaughter of the Cities show beyond a shadow of a doubt, we Catholics were engineered out of the Parish ghettos. This was purposeful, and intended to main stream us from being "fisheaters" to "mericans.  JFK was an incident on it's own and not because we were accepted by the Protestant Culture which was about to go bye bye. He should remember the undercurrent which ran through this country, making it necessary for JFK to win, to go to those Southern preachers and say what he did. More there is real possibility that hadn't Mayor Daley held back the Chicago votes until the end, to see how many he needed, JFK would have not won. 

It appears to me the thing some of them do not want to admit is changing the Mass no matter the intentions has weakened the Faith. Catechesis follows the Mass, not the other way around. No amount of Holy Hours will fix this. If we are to Adore we need Benediction again in every Parish at 5:30 pm as before. It's not because Benediction is for God Almighty but it focuses us on the Eucharist as free form kneeling could never do. We need for every Catholic to be able to sing O Salutaris Hostia, and Tantum Ergo by rote. This is part of the prescription, it breeds respect for the Body and Blood of Christ.

In conclusion I quit the first one about half way through. He is half right. The Societal changes, no-fault divorce, the Sexual revolution (Enovid-E coming to market), the feminist revolution, and their embrace of abortion by the Party of Death, must be joined to the Vatican II to see what went wrong. It wasn't just the Council, it was all of it. These societal changes are still chugging forward and have a full head of steam. They need to be stopped completely before this can be fixed it as we are attacked by a Hydra, cut off one head and two new ones appear.

tim

It is always nice to hear your er....um... "elder" testimony Tim. No disrespect to your age of course, but on the contrary, lauds and laurels for keeping the Faith through the age of apostasy.
Well, Unam Sanctam, my age I use as a literary device, it allows me to write my opinion as a narrative, and not be subjected to footnoting everything. It also allows me to put to better purpose my very checkered past. Seeing this happen is a lot different than listening to someone tell about it.

tim 
I am of the opinion that the sexrevolution...feminism...drug abuse..the destruction of education all sprung forth when the church at vat2 ceded the culture to the marxists......vat2 is the trunk of the evil tree....roots?